Are you seeing an error message stating, “You seem to be offline. Please check your internet connection and try again” while trying to use the Disney+ Hotstar app? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the “You seem to be offline” error on Disney Plus Hotstar.
How to Fix “You seem to be offline” on Disney Plus Hotstar?
Many users have reported that they are not able to watch content on the platform and seeing an error message stating, “Please check your internet connection and try again. [MN-1002]”. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the issue.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you might face some issues while using the app. If you are not sure about your internet speed, you can check it from a speed checker website. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser and head over to an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Tap on the Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Clear Cache Data
Another way you can try to fix the problem is by clearing the cache data as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Follow the below steps to clear the cache data of the Disney+ Hotstar app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps or See All Apps.
3. Tap on Disney+ Hotstar from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
5. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Disney+ Hotstar app.
1. Open the Settings app on your device and navigate to General > iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Disney+ Hotstar, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the App
App updates come with improvements and bug or glitch fixes that users faced on the previous version. So, if you are using an outdated version of Disney+ Hotstar then you need to update it. Follow the below steps to update the Disney Plus Hotstar app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Type Disney+ Hotstar in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Disney+ Hotstar app on your device and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Disable Battery Saving Mode
If you have enabled power saving mode or battery saver on your device then there are chances that it may be the reason for the error. Follow the below steps to disable it.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Battery & Performance.
3. Tap on Battery Saver or Power Saver under the Battery section.
4. Finally, turn off the toggle next to Battery Saver or Power Saving Mode.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have reported that after changing and correcting the date and time on their devices, they are able to get rid of the issue. Follow the below steps to correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings while on others you will find it under System settings).
3. Now, turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time or Set time automatically.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically.
Wait for It
If you are seeing the error message then it’s more likely that there are some technical issues or the servers of Disney Plus Hotstar are down. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open an outage detector website on your device (like Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
2. Once opened, search for Disney+ in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Disney Plus Hotstar and it’s most likely down.
4. If the servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Disney+ Hotstar to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix “You seem to be offline” on Disney Plus Hotstar
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “You seem to be offline” error on Disney Plus Hotstar. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: