WhatsApp Web version not working, WhatsApp not connecting to iPhone or Android device, How to Fix WhatsApp Web Not Syncing, WhatsApp web not working on Google Chrome browser –
WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging service owned by Meta. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users worldwide. The service is mostly used on smartphones, but then it’s also available for web versions.
Many users use WhatsApp Web to chat with their contacts on WhatsApp but sometimes, they faced the problem of WhatsApp Web not syncing messages. Hopefully, there are some ways to fix the issue.
So, if you are also facing the same problem, read the article till the end as we have listed the methods to fix the WhatsApp Web not syncing issue.
How to Fix WhatsApp Web Not Syncing?
The most common sync issue is when you receive a new message on the platform, it shows up on the WhatsApp mobile app but not on WhatsApp Web.
Other than this, sometimes some messages appear on the phone but not on the web version of WhatsApp.
So, we have listed some methods to fix the issue, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the WhatsApp Web Not Syncing problem.
Check Your Internet
The first thing to solve the problem is to make sure your internet connection is reliable. Your smartphone and computer should be connected to reliable internet. If you are connected to a mobile network, try connecting to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Also, check if your internet is working fine and other web pages are loading properly or not. If your internet is working properly, try connecting to a different network to see if WhatsApp Web syncing or not.
Re-Link the Device
If you still facing syncing issues, you need to unlink the linked devices from WhatsApp and link them again to fix the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Go to Settings and then select Linked Devices (on Android, click on three dots at the top-right side and choose Linked Devices).
- Here, you will all the linked devices.
- Click on the device in which you are facing sync issues, and delink it by logging out.
- After this, close the app from the background.
- Now, open the app then go to the Link a Device option and re-link the device by scanning the QR Code.
Open WhatsApp Web In Incognito Tab
Web browsers collect data like cookies and cache to improve the browsing experience. However, these cookies and cache data affect the websites you access, including the WhatsApp Web.
Hopefully, these cookies and cache data are not available on the Incognito window. So, you need to check by opening the WhatsApp Web in the private or incognito window. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open a web browser on your system.
- Click on the three-dots menu and select New Incognito window or private window.
- Alternatively, you can also open the incognito tab using Ctrl+Shift+N on the keyboard after opening the browser.
- Now, visit WhatsApp Web and your issue should be fixed.
Clear Cache Data
Cleaning cache data fixes most of the problems a user faced in an application. However, cleaning cache data is only available for Android devices and not for iOS devices. Here’s how you can clear cache data of WhatsApp.
- Open your Phone’s Settings on Android.
- Click on the Apps and then Manage Apps or See All Apps.
- Tap on WhatsApp to open App Info.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the WhatsApp and click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Click on the Clear Data and then choose Clear Cache (in some devices, you will Storage and Cache option instead of Clear Data).
Re-install the WhatsApp to Fix WhatsApp Web Not Syncing
If none of the methods worked for you, you need to uninstall WhatsApp from your device and re-install it again from Play Store or App Store. If there was a problem with the app, it should be fixed by re-installing the app.
But before uninstalling it, make sure to take a backup of your WhatsApp chats and data. Here’s how you can re-install it.
- After taking backup, uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
- Once uninstalled, open the Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for WhatsApp in the search bar and hit enter.
- Install the application and log in to your account.
Use the Desktop App to Fix WhatsApp Web Not Syncing
Some users have also reported that they have seen the error on the browser and not on the desktop app of WhatsApp. Here’s how you can download the app for your desktop.
- Visit whatsapp.com/download and click on download.
- Alternatively, visit Microsoft Store or App Store to download the application.
- Once installed, you will then have to link a new device using your smartphone.
Conclusion: Fix WhatsApp Web Not Syncing
So, these are the ways to fix the WhatsApp Web Not Syncing problem. We hope the article helped you in fixing the issue.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.