WhatsApp reaction feature not working on Android or iPhone, WhatsApp message emoji reactions not working, why am I not able to react to messages on Whatsapp, reactions on WhatsApp messages not showing enable reactions on WhatsApp after update –
WhatsApp introduces new features from time to time to entertain its users and keeps the platform updated in the market.
Recently, WhatsApp has introduced the message reactions feature on the platform by which users can react to a message with different emojis. However, for many users, the reactions feature is not working but don’t worry we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of WhatsApp Emoji Reactions not working for your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Fix WhatsApp Emoji Reactions Not Working?
In this article, we have listed some ways by which you can fix the WhatsApp Emoji Reactions not working problem. Read the full article to explore all the details.
Update the App
WhatsApp launched the Emoji Reactions feature in May 2022. So, if you have not updated the recently then you need to update the application to the latest version because it’s available on the latest version of the app. Here’s how you can update the WhatsApp app.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for WhatsApp in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the app. Now, check if Emoji reactions are working for your account or not.
If you are not seeing the reactions feature after updating the app, it also means that the feature is not rolled out to you yet. However, you can try the methods we have listed below to fix the issue.
Clear Cache and Restart Phone
Another way to fix the WhatsApp emoji reactions not working is to clear the cache data of WhatsApp and then restart your device.
Clearing Cache data fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app as there are many instances when the data files have gone corrupted and it will also not delete any of your data from the app. Here’s how you can clear the cached data on an Android phone.
- Open the Settings App on your Android phone.
- Navigate to Apps >> Manage Apps on your device and it will the list of all apps you have installed on your phone.
- Here, tap on WhatsApp, and it will open the App Info of WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the WhatsApp app icon and click on the information or ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, click Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage, and then tap on Clear Cache to clear the cached data.
- After clearing the cache, restart your phone and your issue should be fixed.
However, iPhones don’t have an option to clear the cache data of an application. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app.
Also, you will not lose any data in this process. Here’s how you can Offload WhatsApp on your iOS device.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage and select WhatsApp.
- Now, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option to Offload it.
- After that, restart your device and your issue should be fixed.
Wait for the Rollout
Emoji Reactions are a new feature on the platform and have not been rolled out to everyone in the world. However, the feature started rolling out on 5th May 2022.
So, if you are not able to see the feature on your account, it means that the feature is not rolled out to you yet.
Hence, wait for a few days to get the feature. Moreover, Meta didn’t mention any country where emoji reactions are restricted. So, you will get the feature on your account as soon as it will be rolled out to everyone.
Conclusion: Fix WhatsApp Reactions Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the problem of the WhatsApp Reactions feature not working on your account. We hope the article helped you in fixing it.
At the time when the feature is introduced, there are only 6 different emojis that you can react with including thumbs up, heart, laughing emoji, crying face, and more.
If you got the emoji reactions update and it’s not working then it might be due to some glitch. To fix it, you need to restart the app or clear the cache data of the application.
Now, you can easily react to messages with emojis on WhatsApp. To do so, long press on a message, then click on one of the emojis displayed to react to messages.
Yes, you can now use emoji reactions to like messages on WhatsApp. To do so, long press on a message, and click on the thumbs-up emoji to like it.