Webtoon is a South Korean webtoon platform launched in 2004 by Naver Corporation. As the name suggests, it is a platform for posting webtoons, and compact digital comics in South Korea. Are the app not launching for you? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the Webtoon app not working.
How to Fix Webtoon App Not Working?
Many users have reported on different social websites that they are not able to use the Webtoon app as it’s not loading or working. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the Webtoon app not working.
Clear Cache Data
First of all, you need to clear the cache data of the app as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Also, many users on Reddit have reported that they are able to use the app without any issues after clearing the cache. Follow the below steps to clear the cache data of the Webtoon app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps. (on some Android phones, you will see All Apps or See All Apps, tap on it).
3. Tap on Webtoon from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
5. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Webtoon app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage >> Webtoon.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Webtoon App
Another way you can try to fix the issue is by updating Webtoon as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Follow the below steps to update the app on your device.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Webtoon in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Webtoon App
You can also try re-installing the Webtoon app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to reinstall the app.
1. Long press the Webtoon app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Webtoon in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Webtoon app.
6. Once installed, open the app and your issue should be fixed.
Turn ON or OFF VPN
If you are using Webtoon after being connected to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) then you need to turn it off. Also, if you are not connected to a VPN then try using the app after connecting to a VPN server.
After connecting or disconnecting the VPN, switch to a different network and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Webtoon servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Webtoon is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Webtoon in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Webtoon and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Webtoon servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Webtoon to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Webtoon App Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Webtoon app not working problem. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: