Waiting for this message Error, This may take a while Learn More Popup on WhatsApp, How to Fix Waiting for this Message Error on WhatsApp Android or iPhone, WhatsApp Waiting for this message not working on iOS –
WhatsApp is an instant messaging service owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is a popular and widely used platform with billions of active users worldwide.
These days users are getting a Waiting for this message error in place of sender message instead of the text send from that contact with the full message: “Waiting for this message. This may take a while. Learn More”. Hopefully, there are some ways to fix the issue on your account.
So, if you are also getting the same error message in WhatsApp, read the article till the end as we have listed the methods to fix the Waiting for this Message error on WhatsApp.
Why you are getting a Waiting for this message error?
Users get the error message when the sender’s phone is offline, and the end-to-end encryption on the platform is not able to encrypt and send the message to your account.
Further, it also happens when your device has no Internet connection or poor Internet connection on your or the sender’s device. It can also be caused if one of the users (either sender or receiver) has reinstalled WhatsApp.
How to Fix Waiting for this Message Error on WhatsApp?
If you want to resolve the issue you are facing. Follow the below-mentioned steps as we have listed the guide to fix the error on your account.
Fix 1: Set Correct Date and Time
Sometimes, users got this error when they set the wrong date and time on their device. Hence, we need to set the correct date and time on our smartphones. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Go to Additional Settings and click on Date & Time.
- If you are not seeing Date & Time, search for Date in the search bar and click on it.
- Now, you will be landed to the Date & Time page.
- Set the correct Date & Time or turn on the toggle for Use Network provided time.
- After doing this, restart your device. To do so, long press the power button and select Restart or Reboot.
Fix 2: Backup and Log in again
You can resolve the issue of Waiting for this message error. To do so, you need to take a backup of WhatsApp then log out from your account and log in again to resolve the error.
Here’s how you can fix the issue by taking backup.
- Open WhatsApp on your account.
- Go to Settings (on Android, click on the three-dots menu at the top and select Settings).
- Click on the Chat from Settings.
- Tap on the Chat Backup.
- Turn on the toggle for Include Videos.
- Now, click on the Back-Up options and confirm it.
Wait for the backup to complete. Once your Data will be backed up, clear all the data of WhatsApp or uninstall it to log out of your account. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Click on the Apps and the Manage Apps.
- Search for WhatsApp and click on it.
- It will open the App Info page.
- Click on the Clear Data then Clear All Data.
- Done, you have successfully logged out of your account.
Alternatively, uninstall the application to log out of your WhatsApp Account. To do so, click and hold the WhatsApp for 4-5 seconds then click on uninstall to delete it.
Now, reinstall the application on your device then open the WhatsApp >> Enter your number >> Click on Restore Backup. After this, you will be able to see the message sent by your contact instead of the Waiting for this message error.
Fix 3: Wait for Encryption to work
This error was caused because end-to-end encryption offered by WhatsApp is not able to perform its function properly. Hence, you are not able to view them and see a Waiting for this message error on the platform.
So, you need to wait for these messages to get encrypted whenever the sender comes online on the platform. You can also ask them to open WhatsApp on their device so that you will get the message instead of Waiting for this message.
Conclusion: Waiting for this Message Error on WhatsApp
So, these are all the ways to fix “Waiting for this message. This may take a while. Learn More” Error on WhatsApp. We hope the article helps you in resolving the error.