Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social media service owned by Meta which allows users to post photos, videos, and stories, and send messages to other users on the platform. Are you not able to post videos on the platform? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the “Video can’t be posted” issue on Instagram.
How to Fix the “Video can’t be posted” Issue on Instagram?
Many users have reported on different social media websites that they are getting an error message stating, “Video can’t be posted. We’re sorry, but there was a problem posting your video. Please try again” on Instagram. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you might face some issues while using the app. If you are not sure about your internet speed, you can check it from a speed checker website. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser and head over to an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Click on Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Clear Cache Data
If you are getting good internet speed and still facing the issue then you need to clear the cache data as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Follow the below steps to clear the cache data of the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps. (on some Android phones, you will see All Apps or See All Apps, tap on it).
3. Tap on Instagram from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Instagram app icon then click on the ‘i’ icon.
5. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage >> Instagram.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Instagram App
Another way you can try to fix the issue is by updating Instagram as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Follow the below steps to update the Instagram app on your device.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Instagram App
You can also try re-installing the Instagram app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Long press the Instagram app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Instagram app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have also reported that after correcting the date and time on their device, they are able to get rid of the problem. Follow the below steps to correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings while on some phones, you will see it under System).
3. Turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time or Set Time Automatically under the Date & Time section.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Instagram is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix the “Video can’t be posted” Issue on Instagram
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “Video can’t be posted” Issue on Instagram. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: