MEGA is a cloud storage and file hosting service offered by MEGA Limited. The service is offered through web-based apps. MEGA is also available on Android and iOS devices. Are you not able to open a file on the Mega app? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the Unable to Open File on Mega App.
How to Fix Unable to Open File on Mega App?
Many users have reported on different social websites that they are not able to open files on the Mega app on their phones. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you will not be able to open files. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can run a speed test. Follow the below steps to run a speed test to check your internet speed.
1. Visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device such as fast.com, speedtest.net, etc.
2. Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
Clear Mega App Cache Data
For many users, clearing the cache files of the Mega app fixes the problem and they are able to open files. Follow the below steps to clear cache data.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps or See All Apps.
3. Select Mega from the list of installed apps to open its App Info.
4. Alternatively, long-press the Mega app icon on the home screen then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. On the App Info page, tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage (on some devices you will see Storage & cache option, tap on it).
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear the cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Mega app.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage >> Select Mega.
3. On the next screen, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update or Re-install the App
You can also try updating the Mega app as there is a high chance that the issue might be due to a bug or glitch in the app version which gets sorted in the latest version. Follow the below steps to update the Mega app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Mega in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
4. Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
5. If there is no update available then you need to re-install the app in order to fix the problem.
Check if it’s down
There might also be chances that the Mega servers are down and that’s why you are not able to open files on the app. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Visit an outage detector website on a browser (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Search for Mega in the search box and hit enter. Select Mega from the list.
3. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an issue on Mega and it’s most likely down.
4. If the servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Mega to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Unable to Open File on Mega App
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Unable to Open File” on Mega App. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: