Are you seeing an error message stating, “Network Error. Unable to connect to Disney+. There could be a problem with your network connection” while trying to open and use the Disney+ Hotstar app? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the “Unable to connect to Disney+” error.
How to Fix “Unable to connect to Disney+” on Disney Plus Hotstar App?
Disney+ Hotstar is a subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service owned by The Walt Disney Company India and operated by Disney Streaming both divisions are subsidiaries of The Walt Disney Company. featuring domestic Indian film, television, and sports content for India itself and its worldwide diaspora.
Many users have reported that they are not able to watch content on the platform and seeing an error message stating, “Unable to connect to Disney+” on Disney Plus Hotstar App. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the Network Error.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you might face some issues while using the app. If you are not sure about your internet speed, you can check it from a speed checker website. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser and head over to an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Tap on the Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Update the App
App updates come with improvements and bug or glitch fixes that users faced on the previous version. So, if you are using an outdated version of Disney+ Hotstar then you need to update it. Follow the below steps to update the Disney Plus Hotstar app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Type Disney+ Hotstar in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Disney+ Hotstar app on your device and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have reported that after changing and correcting the date and time on their devices, they are able to get rid of the issue. Follow the below steps to correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings while on others you will find it under System settings).
3. Now, turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time or Set time automatically.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically.
Wait for It
If you are seeing the error message then it’s more likely that there are some technical issues or the servers of Disney Plus Hotstar are down. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open an outage detector website on your device (like Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
2. Once opened, search for Disney+ in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Disney Plus Hotstar and it’s most likely down.
4. If the servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Disney+ Hotstar to resolve the issue.
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “Unable to connect to Disney+” on Disney Plus Hotstar App. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: