Twitter is a microblogging and social networking service. The platform allows users to post a tweet, retweet, and quote it where users can post a simple text or even a link. Are you not able to load these links or it’s not working for you? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Twitter app links not opening or working.
How to Fix Twitter App Links Not Opening or Working?
Many users have reported that they are seeing a blank page or the loading screen while trying to open a link on the platform. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem of links not working or opening on Twitter app.
Force Close the App
The very first method you can try is to force-closing the app as some users have reported that after force-stopping the Twitter app, they are able to use it without any issues. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Go to Apps then click on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Twitter from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, on the home screen, long press the Twitter app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open the App Info.
5. Here, you will see a Force Stop option, tap on it.
6. Wait for a few seconds then reopen the Twitter app and your issue should be fixed.
1. On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
2. Swipe up the Twitter app window to remove it.
3. Reopen the app and your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your Device
You can also try to fix the problem by restarting your smartphone as it fixes most of the issues a user faced on their device. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later
1. Long-press the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones
1. Long-press the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
2. Tap on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you will not able to browse the Twitter links. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can run a speed test. Follow the below steps to run a speed test to check your internet speed.
1. Visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device.
2. You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, and others.
3. Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
4. Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
5. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
Clear Cache Data
Another way to try to fix the problem is by clearing the cache data as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Follow the below steps to clear the Twitter cache on your device.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. Tap on Twitter from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Twitter app icon and click on the ‘i’ icon.
5. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Twitter app.
1. Navigate to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Twitter, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the App
Some users have reported that after updating the app to the latest version, they are able to open the link without any issues. Follow the below steps to update the Twitter app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
4. Once updated, open the app and your issue should be fixed.
Reinstall the Twitter App
You can also try re-installing the Twitter app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app again fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to reinstall the Twitter app.
1. Long press the Twitter app icon and click on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
4. Search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Twitter app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Reload the Page
You can also try reloading the page as it ends up fixing most issues like not loading or blank screen problems. Follow the below steps to reload the page.
1. Open the Twitter app on your device.
2. Head over to the relevant tweet then open the link.
3. Click on the three-dots icon at the top and tap the Reload icon.
Once you do, your issue should be fixed and you will see the link content without any issues.
Turn OFF VPN
If you are using the Twitter app after being connected to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) then you might face issues while using it.
Hence, we suggest you, turn off the VPN and then force close the Twitter app, your issue should be fixed and you will be able to open the Twitter links without any issues.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Twitter servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Twitter is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Twitter and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Twitter servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Twitter to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Twitter App Links Not Opening or Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Twitter app links not opening or working. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: