Twitter is a microblogging and social networking service. Just like other social networking platforms, Twitter has a two-factor authentication which adds an extra layer of security to your account. If the 2FA is not working or you are not receiving the code as the text messages are not working or you are not able to access your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added ways to fix Twitter 2FA not working.
How to Fix Twitter 2FA Not Working?
Many users are reporting different social websites that they are not able to access their accounts as they are not receiving the code for two-factor authentication. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem.
Unblock the Contact
If you have blocked some contacts then you need to unblock them as there are chances that you have blocked the number which Twitter used to send the 2FA code. Follow the below steps to unblock contacts.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down and tap on Phone.
3. On the next screen, tap on Blocked Contacts.
4. Click on Edit and tap on the ‘-‘ icon next to the number or all the numbers.
5. Once done, open Twitter then sends the code again and there are chances that you should receive the code.
1. Open the Phone app on your Android device.
2. Click on the three-dots icon at the top and select Settings.
3. On the settings page, tap on Blocked numbers.
4. Remove the numbers or all numbers by tapping on the cross (x) icon.
5. Confirm it by tapping on Unblock on the pop-up.
6. Once unblocked, open Twitter and send the code again.
Disable 2FA from an active login
You can also turn off two-factor authentication from a device that is already logged in to Twitter. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open Twitter on a currently active device.
2. Navigate to Settings & Support >> Settings and Privacy >> Security and account access >> Security >> Two-factor authentication >> Turn off the toggle for Text message, authentication app, and security key.
Once you disable the 2FA, you should able to log in to your account without any authentication code.
Check if it’s down
There are chances that the Twitter servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Twitter is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Twitter and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Twitter servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Twitter to resolve the issue.
Contact Twitter support
If none of the methods work then you need to contact the Twitter support team. Follow the below steps to contact Twitter support.
1. Open a browser and head over to Twitter’s account access problem page.
2. Enter your username, and email address, and describe your issue in brief that you are not receiving the authentication code.
3. After filling out the form, tap on Submit to submit the form.
4. Wait for a few days to get a response from the team.
Conclusion: Fix Twitter 2FA Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Twitter 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) Not Working. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: