Touchpad Not working on Windows 11, Touchpad scroll not responding, Windows 11 Touchpad mouse not working, Touchpad gestures not working, Windows Mouse Not responding after update –
Windows 11 is the latest release of the Windows Operating System developed by Microsoft. It is a successor to Windows 10 and was released in October 2021.
However, many users have reported multiple issues including the touchpad issue on their PC, and wanted to fix the issue without reinstalling the Windows OS. Hence, we have listed the solution in the article.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same issue on your desktop or laptop, read the article till the end as we have listed the methods to fix the touchpad not working problem on Windows 11.
How to Fix Touchpad Not Working in Windows 11?
Whether your touchpad is not responding to gestures or has become non-function entirely, we have listed all the solutions to fix all the touchpad problems on your PC.
Fix 1: Restart Your PC to Fix Touchpad Not Working
Restarting your system fixes the software glitches and solves the problems that occur due to background processes. Here’s how you can restart your PC running on Windows 11.
- Press Windows+X >> Naviagte to Shut Down or Sign Out >> Restart.
- You can also restart your system by clicking Alt+F4 (for laptop press Fn+Alt+F4).
- You can also use an external mouse to restart it.
- Alterntively, you can restart by pressing Start button then navigate to Power and then select Restart from the menu.
Fix 2: Enable Touchpad to Fix Not Working Problem on Windows
Sometimes, our touchpad is automatically disabled after updating the system or unknowing disabled by us through the function key. Here’s how you can enable your PC’s touchpad.
- Press the Windows Key and search Touchpad Settings.
- Click on Touchpad Settings to open it.
- Enable the toggle for Touchpad (you can enable it by tapping space key).
- If you are not seeing the Touchpad option then click on More Touchpad Settings to find it.
- Now, restart your system to apply changes.
However, many laptops have a function key to disable the trackpad. So, you need to check if you have disabled the trackpad by mistake.
- If your laptop have a function key.
- Press and hold it for 5 seconds to enable it.
Fix 3: Update Drivers to Fix Touchpad Not Working on Windows
If you have enabled automatic Windows updates, then your drivers get updated automatically. But, most of the Windows users disabled automatic updates, the drivers get outdated. Here’s how you can update the drivers manually on your PC.
- Press Windows button to open start menu.
- Type Device Manager and press Enter.
- Use Tab button to scroll the options using keyboard.
- Now, expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
- If you have an external mouse, click right on your touchpad device name then choose Update Driver.
- You can also choose to update your drivers online.
- After updating the drivers, restart your system.
Fix 4: Reset Touchpad Settings
If you changed any of your touchpad configurations or updated your system recently, you need to reset or restore the settings of your touchpad. Here’s how you can reset it.
- Press the Windows button and search Touchpad Settings then press enter to open it.
- Click on the More Touchpad Settings option.
- Select your Touchpad name and click on Settings.
- Here, select Restore All Defaults to reset the settings.
Fix 5: Run Hardware Troubleshooter
Windows has a hardware troubleshooter that diagnoses the issues on your PC and fixes them on its own. Here’s how you can run it.
- Press Windows key and enter cmd then press enter to open the command prompt.
- Now, a console window will open.
- Type the following phrase and hit enter.
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- Here, a Hardware and Devices window will open, click Next to allow it to scan for issues.
- Select Enable Automatic repair from the given options.
- Once repaired, restart your PC.
Fix 6: Disable Tablet Mode if enabled
If you have a touch screen laptop and you are facing issues with your physical touchpad then you need to manually disable the Tablet Input Service which causes this conflict. Here’s how you can solve this.
- Press Windows and search Run then hit enter to open the Run window.
- Type ‘Regedit’ and click OK to open it.
- Navigate to the path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TabletInputService
- You can directly enter it in path directory.
- Click on the Start attribute.
- Here, change its value from 3 to 4 and click OK to disable this service.
- Now, restart your system.
- If you are still facing the same problem after restarting, then change the value back to from 4 to 3 and then restart your system.
Conclusion: Touchpad Not Working in Windows 11
So, these are the ways to fix the Touchpad not working or not responding in Windows 11. We hope the article helps you in successfully fixing the issue on your system.
If you like the article, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more informative updates.