What happened to the Discover button on TikTok, How to Fix TikTok Discover Option Not Showing, Why TikTok added Friends section in their application –
TikTok is a popular social media platform that allows users to create, watch, and share videos shot on mobile devices or webcams. It has millions of active users and is owned by Bytedance.
On TikTok, Discover was a section that allows users to search and explore the variety of content on the platform. In this feed, users will find trending videos, hashtags, creators, and sponsored content.
However, many users have reported that they are not seeing the discover option on their accounts, instead, they are seeing a Friends option.
So, if you are also one of those who are not seeing the option, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps by which you can fix the problem.
How to Fix Discover Option Not Showing on TikTok?
TikTok has replaced the Discover section with Friends on the app. In the Friends section, you will be able to see your friends’ videos. In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can fix the Discover option not showing on TikTok.
Logged Out of Your Account
Logging out of your account will make you a guest on the TikTok then your contacts, followers, and mutual friends will not be synced. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the TikTok app on your device.
- Click on the profile icon at the bottom.
- Tap on the three-line or hamburger menu at the top then select Settings and Privacy.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Log Out.
- Once logged out, close the app from the background.
- Wait for a few seconds and then open the app.
- Here, you will see the Discover section instead of Friends.
Downgrading TikTok App
If you want to remove the Friends tab option in the TikTok app then you need to downgrade the app version to a lower version or uninstall the app updates. Here’s how you can do it.
- On Android, press and hold the TikTok app icon and click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Click on Uninstall Updates to downgrade to lower versions.
- You can also download the TikTok APK before the update from here on your Android and iPhone.
Done, this will remove the Friends Tab from the TikTok App and you will get back the Discover section.
Conclusion: Fix TikTok Discover Option Not Showing
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the TikTok Discover option not showing. The Discover section allows users to get video ideas. Without this section, it will become harder for users to find hashtags, effects, and sounds.
Although, A TikTok representative mentioned that the “For You” page is similar to the Discover button. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You May Also Like:
How to Fix Profile View History Not Showing on TikTok?
How to Fix TikTok Account Warning Problem?