This story is no longer available on Instagram, How to Fix This Story is No Longer Available on Instagram, I’m not able to see an Instagram story –
Instagram is one of the famous and widely used photos and video sharing platforms owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). The platform allows users to share posts, send messages, and post stories on the platform.
These days users are getting This Story is No Longer Available error on their Instagram accounts. If you want the solution to this problem, we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same error on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “This Story is No Longer Available” Error on Instagram?
There are many reasons why you got the error on your account. For instance, the story might be deleted by the owner or it might have completed the 24 hours timeline (as a story only visible for 24 hours) or the user might have blocked you from viewing their story.
Sometimes, it might be deleted by Instagram due to any violation, or the user might have switched their account to private.
However, some users have also got the error without any reasons listed above and you might want to view the story. Hence, in this article, we have listed all the ways by which you can fix the error from your account.
Clear the Cache Data
Clearing Cache Data fixes most of the problems a user has in a particular app. Here’s how you can clear the cache on your Android phone.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to the Apps and you will see the list of all the apps (on some devices, you will see the app list under Manage Apps)
- Find and click on the Instagram app to open the App Info.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the Instagram app icon and tap on the information or ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, click on Clear Data (on some phones, you will see Manage Storage or Storage Usage instead of Clear Data, tap on it).
- Finally, click on the Clear Cache to clear the cache.
However, iOS devices have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload Snapchat on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and tap on Instagram.
- Here, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Refresh the Feed
Another way to fix the no longer problem is to refresh your Instagram feed. There are many instances when you get this error due to an error or glitch on the platform. Hence, refreshing your feed will definitely help you.
After refreshing your feed, you will see the story without any issues if it was not deleted by the owner or if the owner has not restricted/blocked you from viewing it.
Sign out and Sign in Again
If the above method does not work for you, then you try after signing out from the Instagram account and sign in again to your account. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Instagram App on your device.
- Click on your profile picture icon at the bottom to open your profile feed.
- Here, tap on three-lines (or hamburger menu) and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Log Out.
- After signing out, again log into your account.
- Once logged in, your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix This Story is No Longer Available on Instagram
So, these are the ways by which you can fix This Story is No Longer Available on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem you are facing with your account.
When someone blocks you from their story, you will not be able to see their stories or highlights on the platform.
If you are getting the This Story is No longer available error while viewing a story, it does either the story is deleted or Instagram has removed the story due to policy violations or the 24-hour period is over. In some cases, you might get this error due to an error or glitch on the platform, hence we have listed the ways by which you can fix it.
No, Instagram does not allow users to see a story after 24 hours unless it’s highlighted by the owner which shows in a dedicated highlights section on their profile.