Wondering how to Fix the “This Post Is Age Protected” Issue on TikTok, Why I am getting Post unavailable error message while opening a video on the platform, Why am I getting the “This Post Is Age Protected” Message –
TikTok is a popular short-form video hosting service owned by Bytedance. It allows users to create, watch, and share videos. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
These days, many users have reported that they are getting a “Post Unavailable” error on their account with the full message stating “This post is age-protected” while opening videos on the platform.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of This Post is Age-Protected, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “This Post Is Age Protected” Issue on TikTok?
Many users are getting the error even if they are above 18 years old. In this article, we have listed some best ways by which you can fix the Age Protected issue on TikTok.
Change Your Age
First of all, check whether you have set your age above 18 years or not. As if you have not selected your age above 18 years then you will not be able to see some videos on the platform. Here’s how you can change your age on TikTok.
- Open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Tap on Me icon to open your profile.
- Click on three lines icon at the top-right side and select Settings & Privacy.
- Now, tap on Manage Account.
- Click on Date or Birth and set your age above 18 years.
Done, you have successfully updated your age on the platform and your issue should be fixed.
Disable Restricted Mode
If you have a restricted mode enabled for your account then you need to disable it as it might be preventing you from watching certain videos on the platform. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the TikTok app on your device.
- Tap on the Me icon at the bottom-right side to visit your profile.
- Click on the three lines icon at the top.
- Under Settings and Privacy, click on Digital Wellbeing.
- Here, you will see a Restricted Mode option, tap on it.
- Turn off the toggle next to it.
Done, you have successfully turned off the Restricted Mode and now your issue should be fixed.
Turn Off Family Pairing Mode
Also, if you have Family Pairing Mode enabled then you have to disable it to fix the issue. Here’s how you can turn off the Family Pairing Mode on TikTok.
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Click on the Me icon at the bottom-right side to open your profile.
- Tap on the three-line icon at the top and select Settings & Privacy.
- Here, you will find a Family Pairing option, tap on it.
- Turn off the toggle next to Family Pairing.
Done, you have successfully disabled the Family Pairing mode, and check whether your issue is fixed or not. If it’s now fixed move to the next solution.
Conclusion: Fix the “This Post Is Age Protected” Issue on TikTok
So, these are some ways by which you can fix the problem of “This Post Is Age Protected” on TikTok. We hope the article helps you in resolving the error and watching the videos without any issues.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
If you have enabled the restricted mode on your account then you will see This Post Is Age Restricted message on some videos on the platform. You need to turn off the Restricted Mode in order to see the video on TikTok.
If you have enabled age restriction mode or set your age below 18 years then you will get the error message on your account. To fix it, you need to disable the age restriction or set your age above 18 years.
You can easily turn off Family Pairing mode on TikTok. To do so, open the TikTok app >> Go to your profile >> Click on three lines at the top and select Settings & Privacy >> Tap on Family Pairing Mode >> Turn off the toggle next to it.
You May Also Like:
How to Untag Yourself on TikTok?
How to Delete All Your TikTok Posts?