Are you seeing an error message stating, “This may be because of a technical error that we’re working to get fixed. Try reloading this page”? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the “This page isn’t available right now” issue on Facebook.
How to Fix “This Page Isn’t Available Right Now” on Facebook?
Many users have reported that they are seeing an error message stating, “This Page Isn’t Available Right Now” while trying to access a page or link on the platform. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the issue.
Check Your Internet
First of all, you need to check your internet connectivity because if your internet speed is too slow, you will not be able to access links on the platform and get some errors while using Facebook. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
1. Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Checker website on your device.
2. You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, etc.
3. Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
4. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
5. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Now, check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If it’s low, switch to a stable network. After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your Device
If you are receiving good internet connectivity then you need to restart your phone as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on it. Also, once you restart your phone it stops all the background activities and refreshes all the apps. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
Restart iPhone X and later
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
2. Click on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have reported that after changing and correcting the date and time on their devices, they are able to get rid of the issue. Follow the below steps to correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings while on others you will find it under System settings).
3. Now, turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time or Set time automatically.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically.
Clear Facebook Cache
You can also try clearing the cache data as it gives a refresh to the app and fixes most of the problems a user faced on it. Follow the below steps to clear cache data on your device.
1. Open the Settings app on an Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps or See All Apps.
3. Select Facebook from the installed apps list to open the App Info.
4. Alternatively, long press the Facebook app icon on the home screen and tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. On the App Info page, click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iPhones don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Facebook app.
1. Open the Settings app on an iOS device.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage.
3. Here, you will see Facebook, tap on it.
4. On the next screen, click on the Offload app option.
5. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
6. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the App
You can also try updating the app as updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements over their previous version. Follow the below steps to update the Facebook app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Facebook App
If there is no update available for the Facebook app, then you can also try re-installing the Facebook app as it also refreshes the app. Follow the below steps to reinstall the Facebook app.
1. Press and hold the Facebook app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Facebook app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check Device Compatibility
If your phone is running on an older version then there are chances that it might not be compatible with the Facebook app.
In that case, you need to update your device or use Facebook on a browser in your device or on another device in order to fix the issue.
Turn OFF VPN
If you are using the Facebook app after being connected to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) then you might face issues while using it.
Hence, we suggest you, turn off the VPN and then force close the Facebook app, your issue should be fixed and you will be able to use it without any issues.
Check if Facebook is down
If the above methods do not work then you need to check whether Facebook is down or not as there is a high chance that the problem is due to a bug or glitch in Facebook. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and head over to an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Facebook and hit enter.
3. Select Facebook from the list of search results.
4. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
5. If the servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix “This Page Isn’t Available Right Now” on Facebook
So, these are the ways by which you can fix “This Page Isn’t Available Right Now” on Facebook. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: