Wondering How to Fix the “This Message Is Not Available On This App” Issue, Why I’m getting This message is not available on the Messenger app, Why I’m Getting “This Message Is Not Available On This App” on Messenger –
Messenger is a popular and widely used instant messaging app and service developed by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). Messenger is connected to Facebook, and users will have to log in to their Facebook account in order to use Messenger.
Many users have reported that there are not able to view the message that another user has sent on Messenger, instead, they are seeing “This Message Is Not Available On This App.” We also got the same problem but were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of the “This Message Is Not Available On This App” issue on the Facebook Messenger app, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix the “This Message Is Not Available On This App” Issue on Facebook Messenger?
There can be many reasons why you are getting the “How to Fix This Message Is Not Available On This App” issue on your account whether the sender has deleted the message or the sender has deactivated their account or blocked you or there might be server issues.
In this article, we have listed some of the best ways by which you can fix the “How to Fix This Message Is Not Available On This App” issue on the Facebook Messenger app.
Check Your Internet to Fix This Message Is Not Available On This App
First of all, check whether you have a good Internet Connection or not because if your internet speed is too slow, Facebook might not able to load the messages on the app.
If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
- Visit an Internet Speed Test website on your device (e.g., fast.com, speedtest.net, and others).
- Once opened, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Check whether you have a good download or upload speed. Further, switch your network to a stable network like if you are using mobile data, switch to a stable Wi-Fi network.
After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed. Make sure to close the app after switching your network.
Clear Cache Data
Clearing the Cache data of an app fixes most of the issues a user faced on it. Hence you need to clear the cache files on Messenger to fix the problem. Here’s how you can clear the cached files on your Android phone.
- Press and hold the Messenger app icon then click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Here, you will see Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage, tap on it.
- Finally, click on the Clear Cache option to clear cache data.
However, iPhones don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that removes all the temporary files and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can clear cache files on an iOS device.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage and it will open a list of all the installed apps.
- Here, you will see Facebook Messenger, tap on it.
- Click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on Offload again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option.
Update the App to Fix This Message Is Not Available On This App
You can also try updating the Messenger app on your device as app updates come with Bug or glitch fixes and improvements.
So, if you using an outdated app version then it may not work properly and you need to update it. Here’s how you can update the app on your device.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
Done, you have successfully updated the app on your phone and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Turn Off Data Saver
Messenger has a built-in data saver mode on the platform which saves your data. However, if you have enabled it, you might face some issues while using the app. Here’s how you can turn it off.
- Open the Messenger app on your device.
- Tap on your profile picture icon and click on Data Saver under Preferences.
- Finally, turn off the toggle next to it to disable Data Saver.
Try Messenger Lite App to Fix This Message Is Not Available
If the above method does not work for you then you need to switch to the Messenger Lite app as it consumes less data as compared to the main application. Here’s how you can install the Facebook Messenger Lite app on your device.
- Open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Type Messenger Lite in the search bar and hit enter.
- Click on Install to download the liter version of Messenger.
- Once downloaded, open the app and log in to your account.
Ask them if they have deleted it
Another way to fix the problem is by asking the sender whether they have deleted the message or deactivated the account from which they have sent you a message on Messenger.
Check If Messenger is down to Fix This Message Is Not Available On This App
If you are not able to fix the issue on the Messenger app, then there are chances that it’s down. So, check whether Messenger servers are down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
- Once opened, type Messenger in the search box and hit enter.
- Here, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Messenger and it’s most likely down.
- If the Messenger servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Messenger to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix the “This Message Is Not Available On This App” Issue
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “This Message is not available on This App” issue on the Facebook Messenger app. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem and seeing the message without any issues.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
If you have got the “This Message Is not available on this app” issue then there are chances that the person has blocked you or deleted the message or deactivated their account or they are some server issues.
If you have got the “This message is not available on this app” error on Messenger then you will not be able to view the message you have received on the Facebook Messenger app
You May Also Like:
How to Fix Facebook Messenger Not Sending Messages?
How to Fix Active Status Not Showing On Messenger?