How to Fix the “We couldn’t connect to Instagram” Issue, How Can I Fix the Could Not Connect error on my Instagram account, Make sure you’re connected to the internet and try again –
Instagram is a popular social media platform owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the world.
These days, users are getting a “We couldn’t connect to an Instagram” error on their account with the full message stating, “Make sure you’re connected to the internet and try again.”
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem on your Instagram account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix the “We couldn’t connect to Instagram” Issue?
In this article, we have listed the steps to fix the problem of We couldn’t connect to Instagram error.
Check Instagram Server
Before proceeding to the main fixes, you should check whether the Instagram servers are down or not. You can check the status of the servers easily. Here’s how you can do it on your device.
- Open a browser on your device.
- Visit IsTheServiceDown or Downdetector.
- After opening one of the websites, search Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Here, you need to check the spike of the graph.
- A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the platform and it’s most likely that Instagram is down.
If it’s down, just wait for some time as it can take a few hours to resolve the issue. In case it’s not down, move down to the next method below.
Check Your Internet
If it’s not down, check if you have a good Internet Connection because if your internet speed is too slow, you might get an error on your account. Instagram says that the error comes if you have slow internet or no internet.
If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
- Visit an Internet Speed Test website.
- You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, openspeedtest.com, and others.
- Open any of the websites listed above on your device and click on Test or Start if it does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Switch Your Network
Check whether you have active Internet on your device. Further, you will need to switch your network type. Like if you are using mobile data, switch to Wi-Fi while if you are connected to Wi-Fi, switch to mobile data.
Sometimes the issue could be due to poor internet connectivity so switching to a different medium will definitely help you.
After switching the network type on your device, your issue should be fixed. Make sure to close the application after switching your network. This way your error should be fixed, and you can use the social media platform as usual.
Conclusion: Fix the “We couldn’t connect to Instagram” Issue
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the We couldn’t connect to the Instagram issue. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem you are facing with your account.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You May Also Like:
How to Fix Instagram Repeating Story Issue?
How to Pin Posts On Instagram Profile?