Telegram Videos not playing after download, Unable to play this video try to play it with the external player, Android Downloaded videos not playing, How to Fix Telegram Videos not Playing on Android –
Telegram is a popular cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging service. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users globally.
These days users are facing the problem of downloaded Telegram videos not playing on their Android devices. Hopefully, there are some ways to fix these types of errors.
So, if you are also one of those who is not able to play the downloaded Telegram video, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed some methods to fix the problem on your Android device.
How to Fix Telegram Videos not Playing on Android?
Many times, we are not able to play the downloaded Telegram on our Android device, it’s because media files including AVI, FLV, MKV, and others may not work with the default player of our devices.
In this article, we have listed the process to play the downloaded videos on your Android device.
Fix 1: Download Full Video File
Telegram supports a maximum video upload file of 2GB. So, if you are trying to play a video from the File Manager before the download completes, you need to download the full video from Telegram and then try playing the video in your File Manager or Gallery.
If you try to play before downloading it, it will show the error message: “Video not optimized for streaming, you may need to download it fully to play it.” Here’s how you can download the full video.
- Open the Telegram app on your device.
- Visit the Telegram Chat, Group, or Channel.
- Head over to the video you want to download.
- In the thumbnail of the video, you will see the video duration and size of the video.
- Click on the download icon and you will see the live progress from the same thumbnail once the downloading starts.
You can also minimize the application and continue using the device. But if you notice that the video is not downloading in the background, you should keep the Telegram open until it finishes the download.
Once downloaded, click on the three-dots menu on the video thumbnail and tap on Save to Gallery option.
Fix 2: Play Videos in Google Photos
Google Photos supports various video formats including MP4, AVI, M4V, among others on Android devices. Hence, it will play all approx all videos without any issues. Here’s how you can play videos in Google Photos.
- Open Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Click on the Library at the bottom.
- Here, you will see many folders.
- Click on the Telegram folder and tap on the video to play it.
- If Google Photos support downloaded Telegram video format, you will the thumbnail of the video.
- If you are seeing a black screen thumbnail, it means Google Photos is not able to play the video on your device.
Fix 3: Play Videos Using VLC Media Player
If you are not able to play Telegram videos using Google Photos, you can use a third-party media player like VLC Media Player, and others.
Here’s how you can play a Telegram downloaded video using VLC Media Player.
- Open Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for VLC in the search bar.
- Now, click on download to install the application on your device.
- Once downloaded, open the app on your smartphone.
- Give all the necessary permissions and wait till it fetch the data.
- Once done, it will show all the videos in Video tab.
- If you are not able to find Telegram videos, click on Browser and choose the video from File Manager.
If you can’t find the video you are looking for in the VLC Media player, you can use the default File Manager to find the video and open it on VLC Media Player. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the File Manager on your device.
- Navigate to Android >> data >> org.telegram.messenger >> files >> Telegram >> Telegram Video.
- Alternatively, if your device is running on Android 10 or lower OS, navigate to Telegram >> Telegram Video.
- Find the video from the list and long-press on it.
- Now, click on the three-dots menu at the top right side.
- Choose Open with option and select VLC Media Player to play the video.
Conclusion: Telegram Videos not Playing on Android
So, these are all the ways to fix the problem of Telegram Videos not playing on your Android device. We hope that this article helps you in solving the issue and now you are able to play Telegram downloaded videos.