Telegram not updating messages, How to Fix Telegram Desktop Notification Not Working, Telegram push notifications not working, Telegram notification no sound, How to Enable Desktop Notification on Telegram –
Telegram is one of the popular instant messaging services and it’s also a rival of WhatsApp. The platform was launched back in 2013 and has millions of active users around the world.
Apart from Android and iOS devices, Telegram also has a web version by which users can access their account on PC as well. However, these days, for some users, Telegram Desktop notifications are not working, although the issue is fixable.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of Telegram Desktop notification not working, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Notification Not Working on Telegram Web?
In this article, we have listed some ways by which you can easily fix the problem of Telegram Notifications not working on a desktop.
Terminate and Reconnect Telegram
The first thing by which you can fix the problem is to terminate your desktop session and then reconnect Telegram on your PC by scanning the QR Code. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Telegram App on your device.
- Go to Settings (on Android, click on the three-line menu at the top and choose Settings).
- Tap on Devices and choose Log Out by tapping on it.
- Close the Telegram app on your PC and open it again.
- Finally, scan the QR Code to log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check Your Internet
Another to fix the issue is to check if you have a good Internet connection because if your internet speed is low then you may face these types of issues.
If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device using a website. Here’s how you can do it.
- Visit an Internet Speed Checker website.
- You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, openspeedtest.com, and any other website as well.
- Open any of the Speed Checker websites in a browser and click on Test or Start if it does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the Speed test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Enable Desktop Notifications
There are also chances that you may not have enabled the notifications for Telegram on your system and that’s why are getting the issue. Here’s how you can enable notifications on the Telegram desktop app.
- Open the Telegram App on your desktop.
- Click on the three-line menu (or hamburger icon) at the top.
- Choose Settings then click on Notifications and Sounds.
- Here, you will see a Desktop Notifications option.
- Turn on the toggle for Desktop Notifications if not enabled previously.
- Finally, restart the application and your issue should be fixed.
Update the Telegram Web App
If the above method does not work for you, you need to update the Telegram web app if there is any update available. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Telegram app on the desktop.
- Click on the hamburger icon (or three lines) at the top left side.
- Choose Settings then tap on Advanced.
- Scroll down and you will see the Versions and Updates section at the bottom.
- Under Versions and Updates, click on Check for Updates and it will update the Telegram application. Also, turn on the toggle for Update automatically and it will update the latest version automatically.
Turn off VPN to Fix Telegram Desktop Notification Not Working
If you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and getting the error on your desktop, then you need to disable it. Most of the time, VPN services conflict with the application or services.
Hence, make sure to turn off the VPN and check again if the issue gets resolved or not. Most probably, your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Telegram Desktop Notification Not Working
So, these are the ways to Fix Telegram Desktop Notifications not working. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem you are getting with your Telegram account.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
There are many reasons why you are not getting the notifications on the desktop version of Telegram. Follow the steps to fix these issues from your account.
You can easily turn on the Desktop notifications on the Telegram web app. To do so, go to Settings >> Notifications and Sounds >> Turn on the toggle for Desktop Notification.
To update the Telegram desktop app, open Settings then go to the Advanced section. Here, under Versions and Updates, click on Check for updates and it will automatically update the latest version of the app.
How to Know if Someone has Blocked you on Telegram or not?
How to Hide Your Telegram Profile Photo from Others?