Downloading English (US) Waiting for network connection, Speech Services by Google Waiting for Network Connection Problem, Speech Services Update Stuck Notification, How to Fix Speech Services Waiting for Network Connection Notification Problem –
Speech Services is a screen reader application developed by Google for its Android operating system. It allows applications to read aloud (or speak) the text displayed on the screen with support for many languages.
However, smartphones of many users are showing a Waiting for network connection notification that can not be closed with the full message saying Downloading Update Waiting for network connection.
Users are getting this issue even they are connected either with Wi-Fi or mobile data. So, if you are also facing the same issue, read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix the issue on your Android device.
How to Fix Speech Services Waiting for Network?
There is no way to hide the notification, but you can remove it easily from the settings of your device. We have listed the step-by-step procedure to fix the Waiting for Network error on your Android device.
Fix Waiting for Network Connection Notification
Most probably, you are getting this notification on your Android device as the application is pre-installed on all the Android devices which speak the text of different mobile applications.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the problem and remove the notification from the notification panel.
- Open your Phone’s Settings.
- Scroll down, and click on Google.
- Now, click on Settings for Google Apps.
- Select Search, Assistant & Voice.
- Here, click on the Voice from the given settings.
- Tap on the Offline Speech Recognition.
- Click on the Auto-Updates from the top options.
- If you don’t find it then go to: Settings >> Apps >> Three-dots menu >> Default apps >> Assist app >> Settings icon >> Offline Speech Recognition.
- Here, you will see three-options.
- If you want to update the language, choose Auto-update languages at any time.
- Otherwise, choose Do not auto-update languages.
Done, if you selected Auto-update languages at any time then wait for some time to update it. Otherwise, restart your device, and once restart the device, you will not see the notification in the panel.
Still Facing the problem?
If you are still getting the same notification in the notification panel, you need to clear the cache data of Speech Services by Google or need to re-install the application on your device.
Here’s how you can re-install the application on your smartphone.
- Open Play Store on your device.
- Search Speech Services by Google in the search bar and hit enter.
- Tap on the Speech Services app and click Uninstall.
- Restart your device.
- Once restarted, again open the Play Store on your device.
- Search Speech Services and install the application.
Done, you have successfully solved the notification issue you are facing.
Conclusion: Speech Services Waiting for Network
So, these are the ways to fix the Speech Services Waiting for Network connection notification on your device. We hope the article helps you in removing the notification on your smartphone.
If you like the article, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below. You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more informative updates.