How to Reboot Snapchat, Snapchat keeps closing every time I open it, Snapchat keeps crashing on my iPhone device, How to Fix Snapchat Crashing on iPhone –
There are many small bugs or errors found in every application available in the market and companies are trying their best to solve all the problems.
These days, users are getting crashing issues on their Snapchat accounts on iPhone. However, some users have also reported that the application is first freezing for a few seconds and then closing automatically.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the problem of Snapchat Crashing on your iPhone, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix Snapchat Keeps Crashing on iOS devices?
In this article, we have listed some ways by which you can fix the Snapchat not working or keeps crashing problem on iPhone.
Check Snapchat Server
Before proceeding to the main fix, you should check whether the Snapchat server is down or not. You can check the status of the servers from websites like DownDetector or IsTheServiceDown. Here’s how you can check it.
- Open Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown in a browser on your phone or PC.
- Once opened, search for Snapchat and hit enter.
- Here, you need to check the spike of the graph.
- A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the platform and it’s most likely that Snapchat is down.
- If it’s down, just wait for some time as it can take a few hours to resolve the issue. In case it’s not down, move down to the next method below.
Restart Your Device
One of the first methods to fix the problem you are getting is to restart your device. Here’s how you can restart your iPhone.
Restart iPhone X and later:
- Tap and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
- When the slider appears stating slide to power off, release the buttons.
- Now, Move the slider from left to right to shut down your handset.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds and hold down the Side button again until the Apple logo appears.
Restart iPhone All Other Models:
- Tap and hold the Sleep/Wake button. On older models, it’s on the top of the phone. On the iPhone 6 series and newer, it’s on the right side of the device.
- When the power off slider appears on the screen, release the buttons.
- Now, Move the slider from left to right. This prompts the iPhone to shut down.
- When the phone shuts off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- When the Apple logo appears on the screen, release the button and wait for the iPhone to finish restarting.
Relaunch Snapchat to Fix Snapchat Crashing on iPhone
The first way to solve the issue is to force quit the Snapchat application and then relaunch it. Here’s how you can do it.
- On iPhone with a home button: Double-tap the home button and it will open the App Switcher. Swipe up the Snapchat app to force quit it.
- On iPhone without a home button: Swipe up from the middle of the home screen to open the App Switcher. Swipe up the Snapchat app to quit it.
Clear Cache of the App
Clearing Cache data fixes most of the problems a user faced on an application and it will not delete any of your personal data from the app. Here’s how you can clear the cache of the Snapchat app.
- Open the Snapchat App on your device.
- Click on the profile picture icon at the top side.
- Tap on the Settings (or gear icon) at the top right side.
- Under Account Actions, you will see a Clear Cache option, tap on it.
- Confirm it by clicking on the Clear button.
Done, you have successfully cleared the cache data of the Snapchat application and it restarts the app.
Force Restart Your iPhone
If the above methods do not work for you, you need to force restart your iPhone. The steps to force the restart of the iPhone depend on the model of the phone.
Force Restart an iPhone with Face ID:
Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.
Force Restart an iPhone 8 or later:
Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold down the power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Restart iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
Press and hold down the volume down button and sleep/wake/side button at once until the Apple logo pops up on the screen.
Restart iPhone 6s or iPhone SE or other versions:
Press and hold the home button and sleep/wake/side/top button at once until the Apple logo comes up on the screen.
Turn on Background App Refresh
You can also fix the problem by enabling the background app refresh for Snapchat. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Settings App on your device.
- Navigate to General and tap on Background App Refresh.
- Here, you will see a list of apps installed on your device, and turn on the toggle next to Snapchat.
Update the App to Fix Snapchat Crashing on iPhone
If the above does not work for you, you need to update the Snapchat app to fix the crashing issue. Here’s how you can update it on your device.
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for Snapchat in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on Update is available to download the latest version of the app.
- Alternatively, you can also update the app by clicking on your profile picture placed at the top of the home screen.
Done, you have successfully updated the Snapchat on your device and your issue should be fixed.
Reinstall Snapchat to Fix Snapchat Crashing on iPhone
If none of the methods works for you, you need to reinstall the Snapchat app from your device to fix the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press and hold the Snapchat app icon on the home screen.
- Click on Remove App from the given options.
- Finally, tap on Delete to uninstall Snapchat App from your device.
- After uninstalling, open App Store on your phone.
- Search for Snapchat in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Download button to install the Snapchat app.
- Once downloaded, log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix Snapchat Crashing on iPhone
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Snapchat Crashing or not working on your iPhone. We hope that the article helped you in fixing the issue you are getting on your iOS device.