Are you seeing a “Disconnected” pop-up with a message stating “Same account launched the game from a different device. Reconnect if you prefer to use this device. (Error Code 273)” on Roblox? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Roblox Error Code 273.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 273?
Many users have reported on different social media platforms that are facing error messages on the platform while trying to access it. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix Roblox Error Code 273.
Restart Your System
First of all, you can try restarting the system as it resets all the temporary and background processes. Also, some users on Reddit have reported that restarting the system fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to restart your PC.
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Tap on the Power icon placed at the bottom of the window.
3. Select Restart from the given options to reboot your system.
Clear Roblox Cache Data
1. Press the Windows+R key to open the Run window.
2. Type %localappdata% and hit enter.
3. On the appeared window, open the Temp folder.
4. Under the Temp folder, find and delete the Roblox folder.
5. Now, open the Google Chrome browser then tap on the three-dots icon, and select Settings.
6. Click on Privacy and Security from the sidebar.
7. Tap on Cookies and other site data then scroll down and click on See all site data and permissions.
8. Type Roblox in the search box and click on the trash icon next to Roblox.
9. Confirm it by tapping on the Clear on the pop-up window.
10. Right-click on Roblox Player on the desktop and tap Properties.
11. Select the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator.
12. Click on Apply then tap OK. Now, open the Roblox and your issue should be fixed.
Give Necessary Permissions to Roblox
Check whether you have given the necessary permissions to the game. Here’s how you can do it.
1. On the game, click on the gear icon at the top-right side and select Settings.
2. Click on Privacy from the sidebar.
3. Set Everyone for Who can invite me to private servers under the Other settings section.
4. To do it through Chrome, click on the three-dots icon at the top and select Settings.
5. Tap on Privacy and Security then select Security.
6. Now, select the checkbox for Standard Protection or No Protection.
7. To do it through Windows, press the Windows+S key and search for Windows Defender Firewall and open it.
8. Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the sidebar.
9. Tap on Change Settings.
10. Find Google Chrome, and make sure that Public and Private options are selected for Chrome then click OK.
If you are using Roblox on a browser, you need to refresh it and clear the cache. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. On the browser, click on the three-dots icon and select Settings.
2. Tap on Privacy and Security then tap on Clear Browsing Data.
3. Click on the drop-down next to Time Range and select All Time.
4. Select the checkbox for Cookies and other site data & Cached images and files. Uncheck the box for Browsing history.
5. Finally, click on Clear data at the bottom.
6. Now, press the Windows+R key at once to open the Run window.
7. Type %localappdata% in the search and hit enter.
8. Find the Roblox folder, right-click on it and select Delete to remove the folder.
9. Finally, restart your computer and your issue should be fixed.
Change the DNS Address
Changing the DNS address also helps many users in resolving the problem. Follow the below steps to change your DNS address.
1. Press the Windows+S key on your keyboard.
2. Search for Control Panel and open it.
3. Tap on the View by drop-down and select Category.
4. Click on Network and Internet.
5. On the next screen, click on Network and Sharing Center.
6. Click on your internet next to Connections.
7. Tap on the Properties tab.
8. Now, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
9. Select the checkbox for Use the following DNS server addresses.
10. Set the Preferred DNS server to 188.8.131.52 and the Alternate DNS server to 184.108.40.206 then click OK.
11. Once you change the DNS addresses, your issue should be fixed.
Reinstall the Roblox App
If you are using the mobile app of Roblox then you can try re-installing the app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to reinstall the app.
1. Long press the Roblox app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Roblox in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Roblox app.
6. Once installed, open the app and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that there is a technical error or glitches in the game. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown on your device.
2. Once opened, type Roblox in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on the platform and it’s most likely that Roblox is down.
4. Alternatively, you can check the server status by going to status.roblox.com. Once you open the website, it will tell you if all of its systems are operational.
5. If it’s down, just wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Roblox to resolve the issue. In case it’s not down, move down to the next method below.
Contact the Roblox Support Team
You can also contact Roblox if the above methods are not working for you. Follow the below steps to contact Roblox Support Team.
1. Open a browser and visit Roblox Support Team.
2. Log in to your account if you have not already.
3. Explain your issue properly and submit it.
4. Wait for a few days and Roblox will contact you and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Roblox Error Code 273
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Roblox Error Code 273. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: