Fix Aw Snap Error Permanently in Chrome browser, Aw Snap Something Went Wrong while displaying this webpage Result_Code_Hung error code on Windows, How to Fix Result Code Hung Error on Google Chrome –
Google Chrome is a popular cross-platform web browser developed by Google. It is widely used and has millions of active users worldwide. It is available on Android, iOS, as well as for desktop computers.
These days, users are facing a problem of Result_Code_Hung error with the message saying, “Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage”. Hopefully, there are ways to fix this error code on your desktop.
So, if you are also facing the same problem on your PC, read the article till the end as we have listed some ways to fix the error.
Why does the Result Code Hung Error Occurs?
Aw, Snap! with the Error Code: Result_Code_Hung is a browser error that generally occurs in Chromium-based browsers. Many users have faced the error on their Chrome browser but some users are also facing the error on browsers like Edge, Brave, etc.
The error mainly occurs due to glitches or bugs in your network. There are multiple reasons for the error. Here we have listed some reasons that might cause the error on your web browser:
- Poor or Slow Internet Connection.
- Outdated browser version.
- Intrusive Browser Cookies.
- Corrupted Cache and Data.
- Website Issues.
So, now we have seen why does the error occurs on the browser, now let’s see how we can fix this error on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix it.
How to Fix Result Code Hung Error on Google Chrome?
In most cases, it could be a temporary cut in your network as a result of which a successful connection could not be established. But sometimes, the error occurs due to Cookies and Cache data.
Hence, we have listed some possible ways to fix the error. Follow the way one by one and see which one worked best for you.
Try Reloading the Web Page
Before moving on to the advanced fixes, let’s start with some of the basic ones as sometimes simply reloading the webpage fixes the error you are facing. Here’s how you can do it.
- Click on the reload button at the top-left side or press Ctrl+R to reload the page.
- Check if the error code is fixed or not. If not, then access the website in private or incognito mode.
- To do so on Chrome browser, press Ctrl+Shift+N and type the URL in the search bar, and check if the page is loaded correctly or not.
- If not working, then switch your network type from Wi-Fi to a mobile network or if you are connected with a mobile network then switch to Wi-Fi.
If the above method does not work for you, then follow the next steps to fix the error.
In some cases, a third-party extension could also cause issues while loading the web pages on the browser. However, identifying the one could be difficult if you have more than one extension installed.
So, you have left with the only way is to disable all the extensions and then re-enable the extension one at a time until you can recreate the issue. Once you have identified the extension, you should consider removing it from your browser. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Enter chrome://extensions in the search bar.
- Now, you will see all the installed extensions.
- Turn off toggle for all the extensions.
- Now, check if the error is fixed or not.
- If the issue fixed, then turn on the toggle for extensions one at a time.
Clear Cache and Cookies
Many times clearing cache images and files also fixes the Result_Code_Hung error as over time the cached data and files get corrupted. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Chrome browser on your PC.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Delete key on your keyboard.
- Alternatively, type the chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the search bar.
- It will open the Clear Browsing data window.
- Enable the tick-mark for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- After checking the tick-mark, tap on Clear Data.
- Once done, relaunch the browser and your error should be fixed.
Once the cookies and cached data are deleted, you will get logged out of the sites. But this will help you to fix the error.
Update the Browser
Updating your browser to the latest version fixes bugs or glitches that cause issues while using it. Here’s how you can update the Chrome browser.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Type chrome://settings in the search bar.
- Click on About Chrome from the sidebar.
- Now, it will check for the latest chrome version. Click on relaunch to update it.
Once updated, open the webpage and your error should be fixed.
Change your DNS to Fix Result Code Hung
Below we have mentioned the steps to change the DNS in the Chrome browser. Follow the steps to change it.
- Open the Chrome and type chrome://settings in the search bar.
- Click on Security and Privacy then choose Security.
- Scroll down and you will find Use Secure DNS option.
- Turn on the toggle for Use Secure DNS (if not turned on by default).
- Now, click on With Custom (or drop-down menus).
- Here, select Google (Public DNS) from the drop-down.
Done, your error should be fixed and you can not use the browser without any issues.
Conclusion: Fix Result Code Hung Error on Google Chrome
So, these are the ways to fix the Chrome Result_Code_Hung Error code. We hope the article helped you in fixing the error on your PC.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.