Fix Confirm Your Identity Error on Facebook, Please Confirm your identity problem on Facebook, Verify your identity on Facebook error, Solve Confirm Your Identity Problem, How to Fix Please Confirm Your Identity on Facebook –
Facebook is a popular social media platform owned by Meta. It is a widely used platform by almost everyone. There are also so many fake accounts on the platform.
To prevent these fake accounts and bots, Facebook is asking users to confirm their identities. But real users are also facing this problem in the platform, and Facebook is showing them the Please Confirm Your Identity message.
So, if you are also facing the same issue on the platform and want to fix it, stick with the article till the end because we are going to tell you the method by which you can fix the Please Confirm Your Identity error on Facebook.
Why Facebook is asking to confirm your identity?
Facebook is asking users to confirm their identity because this will help them to identify fake, spammy, and unused accounts so that they can delete them from their database to provide other users a better experience.
Facebook says it is asking you to upload an ID to confirm the account you are trying to access is actually yours or to confirm your name.
This will help Facebook ensure that the user using the account have correct details and is not a bot or fake account. Facebook also says that they ask users to go by their real name, though many users do not abide by that rule.
So, if you are also facing this message on your Facebook account, and are worried about how you can fix it easily without losing your account, here’s how you can fix confirm your identity on Facebook.
Fix Please Confirm Your Identity Issue on Facebook
There are some of the best methods by which you can fix and recover your Facebook account. You can use any of the following methods to fix Please Confirm Your Identity Issue on Facebook.
- Upload an Photo ID
- Ask your Friend for help
- Using Google Account
Upload an Photo ID
In this method, you need to upload a photo of your ID card for fixing the issue. After that, Facebook will ask you to enter an email address that is not linked to your Facebook account.
If you are facing the Please Confirm your Identity, Recent activity may have affected your account’s security, so we’ve locked it, We’ll walk you through a few steps to confirm your identity and help you access your account.
Below is the step-by-step guide to fix this issue.
- First of all, update the Facebook app from Play Store or App Store.
- Open the application and log in to your account.
- Here, you will see Please Confirm Your Identity error message.
- Click on Continue option, and a security check page will open.
- Here, you will see couple of options.
- Select Approve your login on another phone or computer, and then click on Continue.
- Now, you will see a list of devices that you have logged into your Facebook account.
- To approve your login, you need to have access to one of the devices listed.
- Select the device and click on Approve your login on it.
- If you don’t have access to any devices listed, click on Confirm identity in another way at the bottom.
- After you have clicked on Confirm your identity in another way, a new page will open.
- Here, select the Upload a Photo ID option and upload an ID proof from the listed ones, and then click on Continue.
- Your photo ID can be any of these: Driving Licence, Passport, Marriage Certificate, National ID Card.
- After uploading an Photo ID, enter an email address which is not linked to your Facebook account.
- Click on Continue button after enterning it.
- Here, check the Only I know the password box, and click on Continue to proceed.
- Now, you will see a message, “We’ll get in touch with you at the email address you provided after we’ve reviewed what you sent us, To maintain the security of your account, you’ll now be logged out of Facebook” message.
- Click on OK button to log out of your account.
- Facebook will send you the recovery link for your account within few hours.
- Check you email after few hours (also make sure to check your junk or spam folder).
- After receiving the mail, click on the link to regain access to your account.
- Here, you will see a You’re all set message, click on Continue button.
Done, you successfully recovered your Facebook account using the Photo ID method. If you want to use another method to recover the account. Follow the below methods.
Ask your Friends for help
- Click on the Continue button.
- Now, select Ask your Friend for help option and click Continue.
- You will be displayed 5 friends from your friend list.
- You have to choose any of the 3 from 5 friends.
- The friends you selected, will get a 4 digit unique code that you have to enter in order to recover your Facebook account.
- If you don’t have contact with your Facebook friends, you can use another methods to recover your account.
Using Google Account
- This option may not be show in the Facebook app but if you have this option you can recover your account.
- You can use this method, if you have this option available in your account.
- Open Facebook in the browser and log in to your account.
- Click on continue button, and select log in with your Google account.
- Enter the valid Gmail ID that is linked to your account.
- Click on the continue button.
So, these are the methods by which you can solve the Please Confirm Your Identity error on Facebook easily. Using these methods, your account will be recovered and you can access your account within 24 hours.
Users get this error message on Facebook because they have used a third-party tool or application. It could also mean that your account has been compromised in some cases.
If you are using a third-party tool or bot, you need to sign out from them after accessing your account. In some cases, users might get the error without using any third-party app.
So, If you like the article and think it will be helpful for others, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions regarding the articles, do let us know in the comments below.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.