I’m getting Photo Mode only messages while using a filter, How to Fix Photo Mode Only Issue on Snapchat, How to record a video with a filter when Photo Mode Only shows –
Snapchat is one of the popular instant messaging services. It is mainly known for taking photos and videos and sharing them with other users on the platform as Snaps.
However, these days, users are getting a Photo Mode Only error while using a filter on the platform and they want to record a video with a filter but don’t know how to fix this issue.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “Photo Mode Only” on Your Snapchat Account?
When a user gets this Photo Mode Only message after selecting and opening a filter, then it will not be able to record a video with that filter. This error usually comes when you are trying to use a new filter on the platform.
We have also got the error while we are trying to use the crying filter. It can be due to a bug or glitch in the application. In this article, we have listed the steps by which you can fix this issue.
Update the App
The first way to fix the issue is to update the application to the latest version. So, if you have not updated Snapchat recently then you need to update the application to the latest version. Here’s how you can update the Snapchat app.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Search for Snapchat in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of Snapchat.
Done, you have successfully updated the app. Now, check if the issue is fixed or not.
Clear Cache and Restart Phone
Another way to fix the Snapchat Photo Mode Only issue is to clear the cache data of Snapchat and then restart your phone.
Clearing Cache data fixes most of the issues a user faced on an app as it removes all the temporary files and it will also not delete any of your personal data from the app. Here’s how you can clear the cached data on an Android device.
- Open the Settings App on an Android device.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps and it will open a list of all apps you have installed on your device.
- Here, tap on Snapchat, and it will open the App Info.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the Snapchat app icon and click on the information or ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, click Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage, and then tap on Clear Cache to clear the cached data.
- After clearing the cache, restart your phone and your issue should be fixed.
However, iPhones don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload WhatsApp on your iOS device.
- Open the Settings App on the iOS device.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and select Snapchat.
- Here, tap on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option to Offload it.
- Once done, restart your phone and your issue should be fixed.
Use Unhappy or Sad Face on another platform
If the above methods do not work for you, then you can use the Unhappy filter on TikTok or the Sad Face Filter on Instagram. Both these filters look very similar to the Snapchats.
To use the Unhappy filter on TikTok, follow the below steps.
- Open TikTok App on your device.
- Click on the ‘+’ icon and choose Effects.
- Tap on the Search icon and type Unhappy in the search box.
- Click on Unhappy to use the filter.
To use Sad Filter on Instagram, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram App on your device.
- Go to Create a Reel page and choose Effects.
- Search for Sad Face in the search box.
- Finally, tap on it to use and record a video using the filter.
Conclusion: Fix Photo Mode Only Issue on Snapchat
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Photo Mode Only problem on Snapchat. We hope the article helped you in fixing the issue on your account.