Wondering how to Fix the No Internet Connection Issue on Instagram, How do I Fix the We Could not connect to Instagram error –
Instagram is a photo and video sharing platform that allows users to post media that can be edited with filters and organized by hashtags and geographical tagging. Users can also do much more like Share Stories, Send DMs, etc.
However, users are getting a No Internet Connection message while using the service on their devices. We also got the same problem but were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the No Internet Connection issue on Instagram, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix No Internet Connection Issue on Instagram?
If you want to get rid of the No Internet Connection error, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below. In this article, we have listed some best ways by which you can fix the issue.
Clear Cache Files
Clearing the Cache data of an app fixes most of the issues a user faced on it. Here’s how you can clear the cached files of Instagram on an Android phone.
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon then click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Here, you will see Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage, tap on it.
- Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
However, iPhones don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that removes all the temporary files and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can clear cache files on an iOS device.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage and it will open a list of all the installed apps.
- Here, you will see Instagram, tap on it.
- On the next page, click on the Offload app.
- Confirm it by tapping on Offload again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option.
- Once done, your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your Device
If you are still getting the error after clearing the cache data then you need to restart your device as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on it.
So, Restart your device and see if the problem is resolved or not. To restart your Android phone, simply hold the Power button and follow the on-screen instructions to restart your device.
If restarting your device does not resolve the error then move to the next solution.
Change Your Network to Fix No Internet Connection Issue on Instagram
Another way to fix the problem is by changing your network type as Instagram says that no internet connection error comes because your interent is down or its speed is too low.
If it’s not down, check if you have a good Internet Connection because if your internet speed is too low, you might get the No Internet Connection error.
If you are unsure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an Internet Speed Test website.
- You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, and others.
- Once opened, click on Test or Start if it does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Update or Reinstall the App
Another way to fix the problem is by updating the Instagram app to the latest version as updating an app to fix bugs or glitches. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version.
Done, you have successfully updated the app and your issue should be fixed. However, if you have updated the app recently and still getting the error then you need to reinstall the app on your device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Long press the Instagram app icon and select Uninstall or Delete.
- Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Delete.
- After it’s uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Install button to download the app.
- Once downloaded, log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Wait for It to Fix No Internet Connection Issue on Instagram
If none of the methods works then there are chances that Instagram has some technical issue or most probably the servers are down. Hence, you need to wait for 24-48 hours for the error to disappear.
Conclusion: Fix No Internet Connection Issue on Instagram
So, these are some ways to fix the No Internet Connection Issue on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in getting rid of the error from your account and that you are able to use the platform without any issues.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You May Also Like:
How to Fix Instagram Notes Not Showing?
How to Unblock People on Instagram?