Facebook nearby friends not showing up, Facebook nearby friends not working, How To Fix Nearby Friends Not Showing on Facebook –
Facebook’s Nearby Friends allows users to share their location with other users on the platform. However, these days, users are not able to see the Near Friends option on their accounts. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem on your Facebook account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How To Fix “Facebook Nearby Friends” Not Showing?
As of June 2022, Facebook has disabled the Nearby Friends feature along with Weather Alerts, Location History, and Background Location from the platform.
However, if you are use-to to the feature then this is the bad news for you. But don’t worry, you can still use the feature by using the old version of Facebook and in this article, we have added the steps by which you can use the Nearby feature on your account.
Fix “Nearby Friends” Not Showing on Facebook
To Fix the feature not showing or working on Facebook, you need to download the old version of the application because the feature is not available in the new version of the app. Also, this fix will only work on Android devices and not on iPhone devices. Here’s how you can fix it on your Android phone.
- Long Press on the Facebook app icon and choose Uninstall to delete it.
- Once deleted, download the Facebook app version which is released before 31st May 2022.
- Visit this site: androidapksfree.com/facebook/com-facebook-katana/download and download the app.
- Once downloaded, install the app on your device and the Nearby Friends feature will be back.
- Now, you need to turn on-location services for using the feature. To on-location services, press and hold the Facebook app icon >> Click on the ‘i’ icon >> Go to Permissions >> Select Allow for Locations.
- Once enabled, open the Facebook app on your phone and use the Nearby Friends feature without any issues.
So, these are the steps by which you can use fix the feature not showing the problem on Facebook. We hope the article helped you in solving the problem on your Facebook account.
Yes, Facebook has removed the feature along with Weather Alerts, Location History, and Background Location from 31st May 2022. However, you can still use the Nearby Features feature by using the simple steps we have listed here.
To enable the feature on the older version, open the app on your phone >> Click on the three-line icon >> Tap on Nearby Friends >> Turn on the toggle next to Nearby Friends to enable the feature.
Unfortunately, there is no option to get the feature back on Facebook because Facebook has officially announced that from 31st May 2022, it will permanently remove the feature from the platform. However, you can try getting the feature back by uninstalling the updates of your Facebook app or using the old APK version of Facebook.