Windows 11 Mouse Scroll Not Working, Wired Mouse Scroll Not Working Windows, How to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working on Windows 11 or 10 –
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows Operating System that was released back in 2021. It comes as the successor to Windows 10 which was released back in 2015.
If you use a mouse on your computer and facing the problem of Mouse Scroll Not working on your Windows 10 or 11 operating system then you are in the right place.
So, if you are one of those who are facing the same problem with your mouse on Windows OS, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways by which you can fix it.
How to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working on Windows 10 or 11?
In this article, we have listed some methods by which you can fix Mouse Scroll not working on Windows 10 or 11 Operating System.
Reconnect the Mouse
First of all, check whether the mouse is plugged correctly into your computer or not because if it’s not connected properly then it may not work. Here’s how you can do it.
- Unplug the Mouse or disconnect the wireless mouse.
- Wait for a few seconds and plug or reconnect it with your PC.
Check Your Wireless Mouse Batteries
If you are using a wireless mouse, then check if its battery is charged or not because if you are running out of battery then you will not be able to scroll on your mouse and face many other problems.
Hence, you need to replace the batteries with the charged ones to fix the issue.
Update the Mouse Driver
If you have an outdated driver then update them to fix the issue on your system. Here’s how you can update it,
- Press the Windows Key on your keyboard.
- Search Device Manager in the search box and open it.
- Tap on Mice and other pointing devices to expand it.
- Right-click on the drive and tap Update Driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.
Reinstall Mouse Driver
Uninstalling mouse drivers fixes most of the problems a user faced with the mouse on their system. Here’s how you can uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Device Manager in the search and open it.
- Tap on the Mice and other pointing devices to expand it.
- Here, you will see the name of your mouse driver.
- Right-click on the driver and tap Uninstall Device.
- After doing this, restart your system.
- Once restarted, wait for a few seconds to allow Windows to automatically install the mouse drivers for your system.
Adjust Scroll Settings to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working on Windows
If the above method does not work for you then configure the scroll settings of the mouse. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows Key on the keyboard.
- Type Mouse Settings in the search box and tap to open it.
- Under the Scrolling section, adjust the slider for Lines to Scroll at a time.
Adjust Wheel Settings to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working on Windows
Another way to fix the issue is to configure the wheel settings of your mouse. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows+R key on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type main.cpl and hit enter or OK.
- Click on the Wheel tab at the top menu.
- Here, increase the count for Vertical and Horizontal Scrolling.
Conclusion: Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working on Windows 11 or 10
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Mouse Scroll not working on Windows 10 or 11. If none of the methods works for you, then you should check it by connecting your mouse to a different system.
If scrolling doesn’t work on the other system then it might be a mouse problem. We hope the article helped you in fixing the issue with your system.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You May Also Like:
How to Make Chrome as a Default Browser in Windows 11?
How to Download Google Meet on Windows and Mac PC?