Wondering how to Fix the Instagram White Screen Issue, Why is my Instagram going white, Why can’t I see anything on Instagram –
While opening the Instagram app, users are seeing the White Screen and the content is not loading for them. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the White Screen Issue on the Instagram App, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Instagram White Screen Issue?
Most of the users are getting the white screen problem on their Instagram accounts. The White Screen error is coming to accounts who have set the light theme while the users who have set the dark theme are getting the black screen issue.
In this article, we have listed some best methods to fix the White Screen Issue on Instagram App.
Check Your Internet
First of all, check whether you have a good internet connection or not because if your internet is down or too low then Instagram will not be able to load the content and you will get a white screen.
If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
- Visit an Internet Speed Test website on your device.
- You can visit fast.com, speedtest.net, openspeedtest.com, and others.
- Open any of the websites and click on Test or Start if it does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Clear Cache Data to Fix Instagram White Screen Issue
Some users have reported that clearing cache data fixes the White Screen Issue as it removes all the temporary files and also helps in loading the app smoothly. Here’s how you can clear the cache data on your device.
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- Click on Manage Storage or Storage Usage or Clear Data based on your mobile.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can clear the cache files on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage.
- Click on Instagram and select Offload App.
- Confirm the Offload by tapping on it again.
- Finally, click on the Reinstall app option.
Update or Reinstall the App
App updates come with improvements and bug or glitch fixes that users faced. So, if you are using an outdated app version then you need to update or download the latest version of the Instagram app. Here’s how you can update the app.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Instagram app and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, instead of updating it, you can also uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app to resolve the problem.
Wait for It to Fix Instagram White Screen Issue
If none of the methods works then you need to check whether the Instagram servers are down or not as some users have reported that they got the error when the servers are down and their issues are lifted automatically after a few hours. Here’s how you can check if Instagram is down or not.
- Open an outage detector website on your device (e.g, Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
- After opening an outage detector website, type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Now, you need to check the spike in the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
- If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Report the Problem
If none of the methods works for you then you need to report the problem that you are facing on your account. As the issue is specifically for the Instagram app, hence you can use Instagram in a browser to report the problem. Here’s how you can report a problem.
- Open a browser on your device.
- Visit instagram.com and log in to your same account in which you are getting the White Screen issue.
- Once logged in, click on your profile icon at the bottom right side to visit your profile feed.
- Click on the gear or settings icon at the top right side.
- Here, you will see a Report a Problem option, tap on it.
- Now, describe your issue (For e.g., Hello Instagram Support Team, I’m not able to use my Instagram account on the app as it’s showing a black screen. Please help me to fix the issue as soon as possible. ThankYou).
- After briefly describing the issue, click on Report a Problem.
Done, you have successfully reported the problem to Instagram Team. Now, you need to wait for a few days and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix the White Screen Issue on Instagram App
So, these are some best methods by which you can fix the White Screen Issue on Instagram App. We hope the article helped you in resolving and using the app without any issues.
If you are getting the white screen issue on the Instagram app then there are high chances that the Instagram servers are down. Hence, you need to wait for it or clear the cache files to check if the problem fixes or not.
If you are not seeing anything on the Instagram app and it’s showing the white screen then restart the app or clear cache data or check your internet connectivity.