Instagram launched the stories feature back in the year 2016 by which users can create and share their own stories on the platform. Are you facing an Instagram Story error on the platform? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Instagram Story not working problem.
How to Fix Instagram Story Not Working?
Many users have reported that they are facing issues with the story like the Instagram story not working or showing repeating stories or any other related issues. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix Instagram Story not working.
Force Close the App
The very first method you can try to resolve the problem is by force closing the Instagram app as some users have reported that after force-stopping the Instagram app, they are able to use stories without any issues. Follow the below steps to force close the app.
1. On the home screen, long press the Instagram app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open the App Info.
2. Now, you will see a Force Stop option, tap on it.
3. Wait for a few seconds then reopen the Instagram app and your issue should be fixed.
1. On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
2. Swipe up the Instagram app window to remove it.
3. Reopen the app and your issue should be fixed.
Restart Your Device
If force-stopping the app does not fix the problem then you need to restart your phone. Follow the below steps to restart your device.
Restart Android Phones
1. Press and hold the Power button or Side button on an Android phone.
2. Tap on Restart from the given options on the screen.
3. Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting process.
Restart iPhone X and later
1. Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons at once.
2. Release the buttons when the slider appears.
3. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone.
4. Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears to restart your device.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you are getting a good internet connection or not because if it’s low, you might face some issues while using the app. If you are not sure about your internet speed, you can check it from a speed checker website. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser on your device and head over to an Internet Speed Test website (like fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Tap on Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Clear Cache Data
You can also try clearing the Instagram cache as many users have reported that they are able to resolve the problem after clearing the cache files. Follow the below steps to clear the cache data of the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps or See All Apps.
3. Tap on Instagram from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
5. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your device and go to General >> iPhone Storage.
2. Here, you will see Instagram, tap on it.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Instagram App
Another way to fix the issue is by updating Instagram as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Follow the below steps to update the Instagram app on your device.
1. Open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Instagram App
You can also try re-installing the Instagram app as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app again fixes the problem. Follow the below steps re-install the Instagram app.
1. Long press the Instagram app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Instagram app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Correct Date and Time
Some users have also reported that by correcting the date and time on their device, they are able to get rid of the problem. Follow the below steps to correct the date and time on your phone.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Tap on Date & Time (on some devices, you will find it under Additional Settings while on some phones, you will see it under System).
3. Turn on the toggle next to Use network-provided time or Set Time Automatically under the Date & Time section.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> Date & Time.
3. Turn on the toggle next to Set Automatically.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Instagram is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram Story Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Instagram Story Not Working. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: