Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social media service owned by Meta. Are you experiencing crashes on the platform? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the Instagram Runtime exception error.
How to Fix Instagram Runtime Exception Error?
Many users have reported that they are getting an “Instagram runtime exception” error notification with the full message stating, “Instagram is experiencing crashes. Please contact Instagram customer service for a solution”.
The error happens when a script is running that is not checked by the compiler. Since it’s not required to be checked by the computer, it’s not required to be managed in the code. As a result, the app will crash abruptly and you will be prompted to contact Instagram support.
In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix Instagram Runtime Exception Error.
Clear Cache Data
First of all, you need to clear the cache data as it fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Follow the below steps to clear the cache data of the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Click on Apps then tap on Manage Apps. (on some Android phones, you will see All Apps or See All Apps, tap on it).
3. Tap on Instagram from the list of apps to open App Info.
4. Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
5. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iOS devices don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Follow the below steps to Offload the Instagram app.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple iPhone.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage >> Instagram.
3. Now, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
5. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Instagram App
Another way you can try to fix the issue is by updating Instagram as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Follow the below steps to update the Instagram app on your device.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
2. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Instagram App
You can also try re-installing the Instagram app on your device as some users have reported that uninstalling and installing the app fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Long press the Instagram app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Instagram app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down or there is some technical glitch/bug. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Instagram is down or not.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter or tap on the search icon.
3. Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram Runtime Exception Error
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Instagram runtime exception errors. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: