Wondering how to Fix Instagram Messages Not Sending, Why I am getting Failed to Send Error on My Account, Instagram DMs are not working on my account –
Instagram is a popular social media platform owned by Meta. It is a widely used platform and has millions of active users around the globe.
Some users have reported that they are not able to send messages on Instagram as they are getting “Failed to Send” error messages once they send the DMs on the platform.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of Instagram Direct Messages Not Sending, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Instagram Messages or DMs Not Sending?
In this article, we have added some best methods by which you can fix the error of DMs not sending on the platform. Read the full article to explore all the ways.
Restart Your Phone
Restarting a smartphone fixes most of the issues a user faced. If you are getting Failed to Send error messages on Instagram then restart your smartphone.
So, Restart your smartphone and see if the problem is resolved or not. To restart your Android phone, simply hold the Power button and follow the on-screen instruction to restart your device.
If restarting your device does not resolve the error then move to the next solution.
Check Your Internet
Instagram always says if you are getting Failed to Send error then it may be either due to low internet or no internet connection connectivity.
So, check whether you have a good Internet Connection because if your internet speed is too slow, you might not be able to send messages.
If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your phone. Here’s how you can run a speed test.
- Open a browser and Visit an Internet Speed Test website (e.g, fast.com, speedtest.net, and others).
- Visit any of the websites and tap on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Clear Cache Files to Fix Instagram Messages Not Sending
Clearing the Cache data of an app fixes most of the problems a user faced on it. Here’s how you can clear the cached files of Instagram on an Android device.
- Long-press the Instagram app icon >> Tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- Here, you will see Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage, tap on it.
- Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
However, iPhone doesn’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload Instagram.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage.
- Here, you will see Instagram, click on it.
- Now, tap on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on Offload again.
- Finally, click on the Reinstall app option.
Done, you have successfully Offloaded the Instagram app on your device and it will be installed again and you will be logged in to your account.
Log out and Log in Again
If the above method does not work for you, then try logging out of your Instagram account and logging in again. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Tap on your profile picture icon at the bottom to open your profile feed.
- Click on three-lines (or hamburger menu) then tap on Settings from the given options.
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Log Out.
- Once logged out, close the app.
- Wait for a few seconds then open the app and log into your account.
- Once logged in, your issue should be fixed.
Update the App to Fix Instagram Messages Not Sending
Another way to fix the problem is to update the Instagram app to the latest version as updates come with Bug fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app.
- Open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Tap on the Update button if there is any update available to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, your issue should be fixed.
Check If Instagram is down
If you are not able to send messages on Instagram, it’s most likely because Instagram is down. So, check whether Instagram servers are down or not. There are chances that the messaging feature is down. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser and visit an outage detector website like Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown.
- After opening an outage website, search for Instagram.
- Now, Check the spike in the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
- If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Ask the User to Remove Restrictions
If you are not able to send messages to a specific user then there are chances that they have enabled the age restrictions on their business or creator account. Hence you need to ask them on another platform or over call to remove the restriction.
Also, this option is not available on the personal Instagram account. Here’s how a user can remove the age restriction from their account.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Click on your profile icon at the bottom.
- Tap on the three-line icon (or hamburger menu) at the top and select Settings.
- Click on Creator from the given options.
- Here, you will see a Minimum age option, tap on it.
- It is set to 24 years by default, tap on Remove next to Default.
- Once removed, click on Next at the top to apply these changes.
Once a business or creator’s account will remove the age restriction from their account, anyone including you can message them on Instagram.
Conclusion: Instagram Messages Not Sending
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Failed to Send error on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in sending direct messages on Instagram.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You May Also Like:
How to Fix Instagram Network Request Failed Please Try Again Error?
How to Fix Can’t Receive Messages on Instagram?
1 thought on “How to Fix Instagram Messages Not Sending?”
Yes it’s usefull