Instagram allows users to share photos, videos, and stories, and send messages to other users on the platform. Instagram has a feature by which users can reply quickly by swiping on a message. Are you not able to reply by swiping on to a message on the platform? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix the Instagram message swipe reply feature not working.
How to Fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working?
Many users have reported on social media platforms that they are not able to reply to a message by swiping on it. Some users also reported that previously they have the ability to use swipe reply but now it’s gone. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the error.
Update the Instagram App
First of all, you need to update the Instagram app as updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Follow the below steps to update the Instagram app on your device.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Instagram App
You can also try re-installing the Instagram app as some users have reported that uninstalling and re-installing the app fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Long press the Instagram app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
4. Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Instagram app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Connect Instagram to Messenger
If you use Facebook then you need to update the Instagram messaging by integrating it with Messenger. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Click on your profile icon at the bottom to visit your profile feed.
3. Tap on the three-line icon or hamburger menu at the top and select Update Messaging.
4. On the next window, tap on Update to connect it.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram Message Swipe Reply Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Instagram message swipe reply feature not working. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: