Wondering how to Fix the Instagram Black Screen Issue, Why Is Instagram Showing a Black Screen instead of Loading Content, Why can’t I see anything on Instagram –
These days, users are facing the black screen issue as the Instagram app is not loading for their accounts. We also got the same problem on our account where the app only showed the black screen and did not load any content but we were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the black screen issue, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Instagram Black Screen Issue?
The error mostly comes to Android devices while some iPhone users are also reporting the same problem. In this article, we have added some best ways by which you can fix the Instagram Black Screen Issue.
Clear Cache Data
Clearing Cache data fixes the Black Screen Issue as it removes all the temporary files and helps in loading the app smoothly. Here’s how you can clear the cache data.
- Long press the Instagram app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- Click on Manage Storage or Storage Usage or Clear Data.
- Finally, tap on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iPhones don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can do it.
- Navigate to Settings >> General >> iPhone Storage.
- Click on Instagram and select Offload App.
- Confirm the Offload by tapping on it again.
- Finally, click on the Reinstall app option.
Update or Reinstall the App
App updates come with improvements and bug fixes that users faced on the previous version of the app. So, if you are using an outdated app version then you need to update it. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your device.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
- Type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Instagram app on your phone and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Report the Problem
If updating the app does not fix your problem then you need to report the problem that you are facing on your account. As the issue is specifically for the app, hence you can use Instagram in a browser to report the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open a browser on your phone.
- Visit instagram.com and log in to your account in which you are getting the error.
- After logging in, click on your profile icon at the bottom right side.
- Click on the gear or settings icon at the top right side.
- Here, tap on Report a Problem.
- Now, describe your issue (For e.g., Hello Instagram Team, My Instagram is not loading and it’s showing a black screen. I am not able to use my Instagram account on the app. Please help me to fix the issue as soon as possible. Thanks).
- After briefly describing the issue, click on Report a Problem.
Done, you have successfully reported the problem. Now, you need to wait for a few days and your issue should be fixed.
Wait for It
Check whether the Instagram servers are down or not as some users have reported that they got the error when the servers are down and their issues are lifted automatically after a few hours. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open an outage detector website on your device (e.g, Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown).
- Once opened, search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Now, check the spike in the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
- If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix the Black Screen Issue on Instagram App
So, these are some ways by which you can fix the Black Screen Issue on the Instagram App. We hope the article helped you in resolving the problem with your account.
If you are getting the black screen then there are high chances that the Instagram server is down. Hence, you need to wait for it or clear the cache files to check if the problem is resolved or not.
If you are not able to see any content on Instagram and only see the black screen then restart the app or clear cache data to fix it.