Hogwarts Legacy is an action role-playing game developed by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros. The game is set in the Wizarding World universe, based on the Harry Potter novels. Are you seeing a problem where the game is not launching or is stuck on the loading screen? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Hogwarts Legacy not starting, launching, crashing, or freezing problems.
How to Fix Hogwarts Legacy Not Starting, Freezing, Crashing?
Many users are complaining on social websites that while trying to play the game, they are seeing a problem where it’s not launching, or stuck on the loading screen, or crashing or freezing. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix the problem of the Hogwarts Legacy game not starting, crashing, or freezing.
Restart Your System
First of all, you can try restarting the system as it resets all the temporary and background processes. Also, some users on Reddit have reported that restarting the system fixes the problem. Follow the below steps to restart your PC.
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Tap on the Power icon placed at the bottom of the window.
3. Select Restart from the given options to reboot your system.
Run Hogwarts Legacy as an administrator
Some users have reported that running the game as an administrator helps them in fixing the problem. Follow the below steps to run the game as an administrator.
1. Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
2. Right-click on the Hogwarts Legacy file and select Properties.
3. Select Local Files and tap on Browser.
4. Right-click on Hogwarts Legacy and tap on Compatibility.
5. Select the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator.
6. Apply to select, tap on Apply button and tap OK.
Once done, launch the game and your issue should be fixed.
Update Graphics Driver
1. Press the Windows key and type Device Manager.
2. Tap to open the Device Manage and expand the Display Adapters tab.
3. Right-click on your graphics driver and select Properties.
4. Go to the Driver tab and click on Update Driver.
5. On the next window, tap on Search Automatically for Drivers.
6. If a graphic driver update is available, install it and then restart your PC.
Once you do, your issue should be fixed and you will not get any issues with the game.
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
If the above method does not help then you need to verify the integrity of the game files. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open Steam and right-click on Hogwarts Legacy.
2. Click on Properties and tap the Local Files tab.
3. Choose Verify Integrity of Game Files then relaunch the game.
Once done, your issue should be fixed.
Exclude the Game from Antivirus
You need to exclude the Game file from the antivirus in order to resolve the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Windows settings.
2. Go to Privacy & Security >> Windows Security >> Virus & threat protection >> Manage ransomware protection >> Allow an app through Controlled folder access >> Add an allowed app >> Browse all apps >> Select Hogwarts Legacy app from the list then tap Open.
3. Now, open Control Panel and go to System and Security >> Windows Defender Firewall >> Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall >> Change settings ?> Allow another app >> Tap on Browse >> Select Hogwarts Legacy app then tap Add.
4. Now again, open Windows Settings and go to Privacy & Security >> Windows Security >> Virus & threat protection >> Manage settings >> Real-time protection >> Off.
Disable overlays / conflicting programs
1. Open the Steam library and right-click on Hogwarts Legacy >> select Properties.
2. Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game >> Disable.
3. Open Nvidia GeForce Experience >> Settings >> General >> In-Game Overlay >> Disable.
4. Open Steam >> Steam >> Settings >> Downloads >> Clear Download Cache.
5. Unplug your Logitech or Thrustmaster racing wheel.
6. End the task for Razer Synapse or MSI Dragon Center.
7. Close all of your tabs to free up RAM and relaunch the game.
Wait for It
If none of the methods work for you, then you need to wait for the issue to resolve as there may be some technical issues or game servers are down. And If the game servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for the Hogwarts Legacy team to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Hogwarts Legacy Not Starting, Freezing, Crashing
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Hogwarts Legacy Not Starting, Freezing, or Crashing. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: