Forspoken is an action role-playing game developed by Luminous Productions and published by Square Enix. It was released on 24th January 2023, on PlayStation 5 and Windows. Are you facing a problem where the game is not launching or is stuck on the loading screen? If so, in this read, you will learn how to fix Forspoken not starting, crashing, or freezing problem.
How to Fix Forspoken Not Starting, Crashing, or Freezing?
Users are complaining on social websites that while trying to play the game, it’s not launching or stuck on the loading screen, or crashing or freezing. In this article, we have added the ways by which you can fix Forspoken not starting, crashing, or freezing.
Check Minimum System Requirements
Check the minimum system requirements for the game to run because if your computer does not meet the minimum requirements, you will face some issues while playing the game. Below are the minimum system requirements.
- Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10 (After November 2019 Update) or 64-bit Windows 11.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.7GHz or better) / Intel Core i7-3770 (3.7GHz or better)
- Memory or RAM: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 150 GB Available Space
- Additional Notes: 720p 30fps
Run Forspoken as an administrator
Some users have reported that selecting the checkbox for Run as an administrator fixes the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
2. Right-click on the Forspoken file and select Properties.
3. Select Local Files and tap on Browser.
4. Right-click on Forspoken and tap on Compatibility.
5. Select the checkbox for Run this program as an administrator.
6. Apply to select, tap on Apply button and tap OK.
Update Graphics Driver
1. Press the Windows key and type Device Manager.
2. Tap to open the Device Manage and expand the Display Adapters tab.
3. Right-click on your graphics driver and select Properties.
4. Go to the Driver tab and click on Update Driver.
5. On the next window, tap on Search Automatically for Drivers.
6. If a graphic driver update is available, install it and then restart your PC.
Once you do, your issue should be fixed and you will not get any issues with the game.
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
If the above method does not help then you need to verify the integrity of the game files. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open Steam and right-click on Forspoken.
2. Click on Properties and tap the Local Files tab.
3. Choose Verify Integrity of Game Files then relaunch the game.
Once done, your issue should be fixed.
Exclude the Game from Antivirus
You need to exclude the Game file from the antivirus in order to resolve the problem. Follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the Windows settings.
2. Go to Privacy & Security >> Windows Security >> Virus & threat protection >> Manage ransomware protection >> Allow an app through Controlled folder access >> Add an allowed app >> Browse all apps >> Select Forspoken app from the list then tap Open.
3. Now, open Control Panel and go to System and Security >> Windows Defender Firewall >> Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall >> Change settings ?> Allow another app >> Tap on Browse >> Select Forspoken app then tap Add.
4. Now again, open Windows Settings and go to Privacy & Security >> Windows Security >> Virus & threat protection >> Manage settings >> Real-time protection >> Off.
Disable overlays / conflicting programs
1. Open the Steam library and right-click on Forspoken >> select Properties.
2. Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game >> Disable.
3. Open Nvidia GeForce Experience >> Settings >> General >> In-Game Overlay >> Disable.
4. Open Steam >> Steam >> Settings >> Downloads >> Clear Download Cache.
5. Unplug your Logitech or Thrustmaster racing wheel.
6. End the task for Razer Synapse or MSI Dragon Center.
7. Close all of your tabs to free up RAM and relaunch the game.
Conclusion: Fix Forspoken Not Starting, Crashing, or Freezing
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Forspoken not starting, crashing, or freezing. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more related articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick & latest updates.
You May Also Like: