Wondering how to fix followers decreasing on Facebook, Facebook follower numbers dropping mysteriously, Why my followers dropping to half or even less –
Facebook is social media platform owned by Meta Platforms. It has millions of active users around the world. Users can follow other users, make friends, and can do many other things on the platform.
However, these days, users are facing a problem where their followers are decreasing or the follower count is dropping very rapidly.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same issue on your Facebook account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Followers Decreasing on Facebook?
Many users are reporting on different social media platforms that their follower count dropped to half or even less. In this article, we have added the steps by which you can resolve the issue.
Check if Facebook is down
First of all, you need to check whether Facebook is down as there is a high chance that the problem is due to a bug or glitch in Facebook. Follow the below steps to check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and head over to an outage detector website (like Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Facebook and hit enter.
3. Select Facebook from the list.
4. Now, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
5. If the servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Followers Unfollowed You or they were Bots / Fake
If the Facebook server is not down and you have lost the followers, then it means that your followers were not interested in the content you were posting for a long time and that’s why they unfollowed.
However, a sudden decrement in the followers’ count may be because you have got fake followers or bots as Facebook removes fake accounts or bots from the platform from time to time.
Facebook also says on its Transparency Center pages: “Our goal is to remove as many fake accounts on Facebook as we can. These include accounts created with the malicious intent to violate our policies, and personal profiles created to represent a business, organization, or non-human entity.”
“We prioritize law enforcement against fake accounts that seek to cause harm. Many of these accounts are used in spam campaigns and are financially motivated.”
Contact the Facebook Support Team
You can also contact the Facebook Support Team to get your followers back if you think they were not fake or bot accounts. Follow the below steps to contact Facebook.
1. You can contact Facebook by emailing them at these mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You can also contact Facebook by reporting a problem on the platform or messaging them on different social media platforms including Twitter and Instagram.
3. After contacting them, wait for at least 48 to 72 hours to get a reply from them and your issue should be fixed.
Conclusion: Fix Followers Decreasing on Facebook
So, these are the ways by which you can fix Followers Decreasing on Facebook. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: