Wondering How to Fix Email Is Already Registered Issue on Discord, Why Does Discord Say Your Email Is Already Registered, Can I Use an Email to Create Multiple Accounts on Discord –
Discord is a popular VoIP and instant messaging social media platform. In Discord, users have the ability to communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messages, media, and files in private chats or as part of communities called Servers.
To create an account on Discord, users need a valid email address that can only be used on only one account. However, while registering with the new email, users are getting an error message stating, Email is Already Registered. We also got the same problem but were able to fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to Fix the Email Is Already Registered Issue on Discord, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to resolve it.
How to Fix Email Is Already Registered Issue on Discord?
The Discord system only allows for one Discord to be registered to one email address which simply means that you can not have multiple accounts associated with an email.
Hence, if you are seeing the error message, it simply means that there is already a Discord account registered with that mail. It’s also possible that you have accidentally created a completely new account previously.
In this article, we have added the steps by which you can fix the Email is Already Registered error message on Discord.
Reset Your Password
If you are seeing the Email is already registered error, it means that you have access to your email address. Hence, you need to reset the password of your account as there are chances that you have accidentally created an account previously using the same email. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open an Incognito mode in a browser on your device.
- Visit discord.com/login and make sure that you are on the login page and not on the sign-up page.
- Enter your email address in the Email or Phone Number section and leave the password section empty.
- Click on the Forget Password below the Password column.
- You will receive a password reset link in the email. Open the mail and click on the link and reset your password by entering a new password and confirming it.
Once you have reset the password, you should be able to access the account registered with your email address.
Check if it’s down
If you are not able to reset your password and got the error message stating, “No Account Linked with This Email” or “Account Does not Exist” while trying to Forget Your Password then there is a possibility that the Discord Server is down. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open an outage detector website on your device (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc).
- Once opened, type Discord in the search box and hit enter.
- Here, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Discord and it’s most likely down.
- If it’s down then you need to wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Discord to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Email Is Already Registered Issue on Discord
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Email is Already Registered Error on Discord. We hope the article helped you in resolving the problem.
No, you can not use an email address for creating multiple accounts. As per the Discord policies, one email should be used to create only one account.
If it’s saying “Your Email is Already Registered” then it means that your email address is already used in an existing Discord account or you might have entered the wrong email address which is already used.
You May Also Like: