Wondering How to Fix Comments Not Loading or Showing on Instagram, Why I’m not seeing the Comments on a Posts or Reel Video on my Instagram account –
Instagram is a popular photo and video-sharing social media platform owned by Meta. It has millions of active users around the world.
Some users have reported that the comments are not loading or showing for them. We also got the same problem but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who want to fix Instagram Comments Not Loading or Showing, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How to Fix Comments Not Loading or Showing on Instagram?
There can be various reasons for this issue, one being Instagram’s cache data. Other reasons could be slow internet connectivity. In this article, we have added some best ways by which you can fix the problem of Comments Not Loading or Showing on Instagram.
Force Stop the App
The very first method you can try to fix the problem is by force closing the Instagram app on your smartphone. Here’s how you can Force Stop the Instagram app.
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon.
- Click on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
- Here, you will see a Force Stop option, tap on it.
- Wait for a few seconds then reopen the Instagram app and check whether it’s working or not.
- On the home screen of the iPhone, Swipe up from the bottom and hold.
- Swipe up the Instagram app window to remove it.
- Reopen the app and check whether it’s working properly or not.
Check Your Internet to Fix Instagram Comments Not Loading
Check whether you have a good Internet Connection or not because if your internet speed is too low, Instagram will not be able to load or show comments. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an Internet Speed Test website (e.g., fast.com, speedtest.net, etc).
- After opening, click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If your internet speed is too low, switch to a stable network.
Disable Data Saver
If you have enabled the data saver for your account, you need to disable it as it may stop comments from loading. Here’s how you can turn off the data saver.
- Open the Instagram App on your phone.
- Navigate to your profile feed by tapping on the profile picture icon at the bottom.
- Now, click on three lines (or hamburger menu) placed at the top right side and choose Settings from the given options.
- Click on Account and select Cellular Data Use.
- Now, turn off the toggle next to the Data Saver.
Clear Cache Data to Fix Instagram Comments Not Showing
Clearing the cache data fixes most of the issues a user faced on an app. Hence, you need to try clearing the cache files for Instagram. Here’s how you can do it.
- Long press the Instagram app icon and click on the ‘i’ icon.
- Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
- Now, you will see the Clear Cache option, tap on it to clear the cached data.
- After clearing the cache data, your issue should be fixed.
iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload Instagram on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings App on an iOS device.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and select Instagram.
- Here, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app option to Offload it.
Update or Reinstall Instagram
Many users have reported that updating the Instagram app fixes the problem of Comments not loading. Here’s how you can update the Instagram app on your device.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Type Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the Instagram app on your device and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to fix the problem.
Wait for It to Fix Instagram Comments Not Loading
If none of the methods works and comments are still not loading, then there are chances that the Instagram servers are down. So, check whether Instagram is down or not. Here’s how you can check it.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
- Once opened, search for Instagram.
- Now, you will need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Instagram and it’s most likely down.
- If the Instagram servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Instagram to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Comments Not Loading or Showing on Instagram
So, these are some best ways by which you can fix Comments Not Loading or Showing on Instagram. We hope the article helped you in resolving the issue and you will be able to see the comments without any issues.
You May Also Like: