Wondering how to Fix Chrome Notifications Not Working on Windows 11, Windows notification banner not showing on my system, How to view notifications from an website –
Windows 11 is the latest major release of the Windows Operating System that was released back in the year 2021. It comes as the successor to Windows 10 which was released back in the year 2015.
Like Windows 10, users can set notifications on the Chrome browser on their PC running on Windows 11 Operating System. However, these days, Google Chrome Notifications are not working on many users’ Windows 11 PC.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the problem of Chrome Notifications Not Working on Windows 11, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
Best Ways to Fix Google Chrome Notifications Not Working on Windows 11
Many users are not receiving the Google Chrome browser’s notifications on their PC running on Windows 11. In this article, we have added some best ways to fix the problem. Read the full article to explore all the methods.
Restart Your System
Restarting a system fixes most of the problems a user faced on their computers as it resets all the temporary and background processes. Here’s how you can restart your PC running on Windows 11.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Tap on the Power icon placed at the bottom of the window.
- Here, select Restart from the given options to reboot your system.
Enable Chrome Notification
Another way to fix the problem is to check whether you have allowed sites to send notifications or not. Here’s how you can enable notifications in the Google Chrome browser.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your system.
- Click on the three-dots icon at the top-right side and tap on Settings.
- Tap on Privacy and Security from the sidebar then select Site Settings.
- Here, you will see Notifications under Permissions, tap on it.
- Select Sites can ask to send notifications under the Default behavior.
Done, you have successfully enabled the notifications on Chrome. Also, make sure that you have not added any website under the Not Allowed to Send Notifications section. If added then click on the three dots next to the website and tap on Remove.
Enable System Notifications
If you have disabled the notifications for Chrome on the system’s settings, here’s how you can enable it.
- Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard then tap on Settings (alternatively, right-click on the Start icon at the bottom then choose Settings).
- Click on System at the sidebar and select Notifications.
- Here, turn on the toggle next to Google Chrome if not enabled already.
Restart the Windows Explorer
Restarting the Windows Explorer app also fixes many problems a user faced on it. Here’s how you can restart it.
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab on the top.
- Here, you will see the Windows Explorer app, right-click on the Windows Explorer and tap on Restart.
Unmute the Website to fix Chrome Notifications Not Working on Windows 11
If you have muted a website on Chrome then you will not hear the notification alert. Here’s how you can unmute it.
- Open the Chrome browser on your system.
- Visit the website on which you are getting notifications.
- Right-click on its tab and tap on Unmute.
Turn Off Do Not Disturb
Another way to fix the problem is to turn off Do Not Disturb on your Windows system if you have enabled it, you will not get notifications. Here’s how you can disable it.
- Click on the Windows key and choose Settings.
- Alternatively, you can open it by tapping the Windows+I key on your keyboard.
- Tap on System in the sidebar and click on Notifications.
- Here, you will see the Do Not Disturb option, turn off the toggle next to it, and uncheck all the boxes.
Reset Google Chrome to fix Chrome Notifications Not Working on Windows 11
If none of the methods works for you, then you need to try resetting Chrome to fix the issue as resetting Chrome removes all the temporary data from the browser. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your system.
- Tap on the three-dots icon at the top and choose Settings.
- Click on Reset and Clean Up at the sidebar.
- Now, click on Restore Settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, tap on Reset Settings.
Conclusion: Chrome Notifications Not Working on Windows 11
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the problem of Google Chrome Notifications Not Working on Windows 11 OS. We hope the article helped you in getting the notifications on your system.
For more articles and updates, do Follow us on Social Media now and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.
You May Also Like:
How to Make Chrome as a Default Browser in Windows 11?
How to Fix Mouse Scroll Not Working on Windows 11?