Solve Chrome not updating on Android, Google Chrome not loading on Android device, Can not update Google Chrome, Fix Chrome update in Chrome browser, How to Fix Chrome Not Updating on Android Smartphone –
Google Chrome is a popular and widely used web browser as it’s pre-installed on every Android smartphone. Most people use Chrome as the default browser on their smartphones.
However, some users are facing problems while updating the application on Android. The problem is not limited to a particular smartphone brand users are getting the problem on almost every smartphone including Samsung, Xiaomi, Realme, OnePlus, etc.
So, if you are also not able to update the Chrome browser on your Android device. We have listed the steps by which you can fix it, you just need to read the article till the end.
How to Fix Chrome Not Updating on Android?
There are several that helps you in fixing the problem. Follow the steps to fix the problem.
Clear Cache Data and Restart Your Device
Sometimes clearing cached data of some Google Apps will resolve your problem. These applications include Play Store, Google Play Services, Download Manager, and Chrome.
Here’s how you can clear the cache data of these applications on your device.
- Open your Phone’s Settings.
- Go to Apps and then Manage Apps.
- Here, you will the list of all apps installed on your device.
- Select Google Play Store and then tap on Clear Data, then click on Clear Cache.
- You can also clear app data from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the app and click on the ‘i’ icon, then click on Clear Data, and select Clear Cache.
- Do it for all the applications we have listed.
- After clearing cached data, restart your device.
Check if Google Chrome is updating or not. If this will not work in your case, try to switch the network type, like if you are updating Chrome through Wi-Fi, try to update it on mobile data or vice-versa.
Update All Apps or Uninstall Play Store Updates
Sometimes, installing all the pending updates may fix the Chrome not updating problem. To do so, follow the steps we have listed below:
- Open Google Play Store on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top.
- Select Manage Apps & Device.
- Tap on Updates All apps at the top to install the updates of all applications.
This problem fixes issues for many users. However, if this will not work for you, you can Uninstall the Play Store updates and check again. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open your Phone’s Settings on your device.
- Go to Apps and select Manage Apps.
- Search for Google Play Store and click on it.
- Clear All the data of the app or Uninstall updates.
- Restart your device.
Turn off Bluetooth
Some Reddit users have reported that turning off Bluetooth helped them to update the Chrome application on their devices. So turn off your Bluetooth and check if this works for you or not.
Conclusion: Chrome Not Updating on Android
If this does not work for you, uninstall all the updates of Chrome from the app info and check your device’s data and time must be accurate or not.
Further, Chrome takes a little bit longer to update. So click on the Update button for Chrome and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Hopefully, it should update.
So, these are all the ways by which you can Fix Chrome Not Updating on Android smartphones. We hope this helps you in fixing your issue.
If you like the article and it helps you in fixing the issue, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.
Stay Tuned for more informative articles and updates. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.