Instagram Challenge Required Error, Fix challenge_required error on Instagram, Fix Instagram Required Challenge Issue on the app, How to Fix Challenge Required Error on Instagram –
Instagram is a popular photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Meta (formerly known as Facebook). The platform has billions of active users in the world.
Some users are facing a Challenge Required error on their accounts while browsing the platform with the full message saying, “Error. challenge_required”.
The error is a security measure implemented by Instagram which is used to prevent bots, spam accounts, and automation on the platform. If you get the error, it means that you have probably tried anything unusual on your account.
However, sometimes users get the error without doing anything unusual. So, if you are also one of those who are facing the challenge_required issue, read the article till the end as we have listed the solution for the error.
How to Fix Challenge Required on Instagram?
challenge_required is a way that Instagram developers created to check whether a user is a human or not and it prevents bots from using Instagram.
Moreover, there is also another purpose behind the challenge_required error which make sure that you are the real owner of the account or not.
After getting the error, Instagram asks you to prove that the account you are trying to log in to belongs to you or not, and most users get the error on the web browser and not on the official Instagram app.
We have listed all the methods by which you can solve the Challenge Required error on Instagram.
Change the Network Type
If you are connected to mobile data, you need to switch to a Wi-Fi network while if you are using a Wi-Fi network to browse social media, you need to switch to mobile data.
- After switching the network type on your device, the IP address will be changed.
- As the Challenge Required error is a temporary block on the IP address, hence switching your network should fix it.
- Make sure to close the application after switching your network.
This way your error should be fixed, and you can use the social media platform as usual.
Clear Cache Data and Uninstall
If the above method does not work, you need to clear the cached data of the application. As we already said the challenge required is a temporary error. Hence, clearing the cached data should fix the error.
Here’s how you can clear the cached data on an Android device.
- Open the Phone’s Settings.
- Go to Apps and then select Manage Apps.
- Search for the Instagram app and tap on it.
- It will open the App info of Instagram.
- You can also directly open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the Instagram and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
- Now, tap on Clear Data and then click Clear Cache.
After doing this, restart your device. Using this way your error should be fixed. You can also uninstall the app and re-install it again if clearing cache data does not work for you.
However, Apple users don’t have an option to clear the cache data. You can Offload access data through the settings on the iOS device.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the app and then re-install the application from Google Play Store or App Store and your error should be fixed.
Accessing your data on the App
According to some Reddit users, accessing your data on Instagram will fix the challenge_required error on the platform. Below are the steps for doing it.
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Click on the profile picture icon at the bottom right side.
- Here, click on the three lines menu at the top.
- Select Settings from the given options.
- Click on Security on the Settings page.
- Under Data and History, you will find an Access Data option.
- Click on Access Data to access your data.
- Enter your login details if required and wait for the data to load.
- Now, close the application and re-open it.
Done, this should fix the Challenge Required error you are facing on your account.
Update the App to Fix Challenge Required
Instagram releases new versions on the regular basis to fix bugs and improve the performance of the application. Sometimes, an older version of the application may have issues that should be fixed in the newer version.
Below are the steps to update the Instagram application.
- Open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Instagram in the search bar and hit enter.
- Check if there is any update available.
- Update the application if a newer version is available.
Update the app to install the newer version of the application. This should fix the Challenge Required error.
Conclusion: Fix Instagram Challenge Required Error
This error usually occurs when you try to log in to the platform using an unrecognized device. So, we suggest you use the Instagram application.
If you are still getting the same error message, it means that Instagram does not want to allow your device’s IP to connect. In this scenario, you need to connect to a virtual private network to use a server proxy.
So, these are the ways by which you can Fix Challenge Required Error on Instagram. We hope this helps you in getting back your account.
If you like the article and it helps you in fixing the issue, share it with your friends and family. Further, if you have any questions, do let us know in the comments below.
Stay Tuned for more informative articles and updates. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for more amazing content.