Unable to Type in Search Bar Windows 11, Can’t Type in Start Menu on Windows OS, Windows 11 Search Bar Stopped Working, How to Fix Can’t Type in Windows 11 Search Bar Error –
Windows 11 is the latest major release Windows Operating System developed by Microsoft. It is a successor to Windows 10 which was released previously back in 2015.
These days, users are facing a problem with Windows Search and can’t type within the search bar on their system. Hopefully, there are some ways to fix the issue of being unable to type in the search bar.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same issue, read the article till the end as we have listed the methods to fix can’t type in Windows 11 Search Bar error.
Related Read: How to Fix Touchpad Not Working in Windows 11?
Fix Can’t Type in Windows 11 Search Bar Error?
Fix 1: Restart Windows File Explorer
You can try to restart the File Explorer application to fix the issue you are facing on your system. Restarting the app removes glitches or bugs, here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows key and search for Task Manager.
- Tap on it to open the Task Manager app.
- Choose Windows Explorer and click on the Restart button to restart it.
Fix 2: Restart the Windows Search
Some users have reported that rebooting the Windows Search service on their system also fixes the search bar not working issue. Below are the steps to do so.
- Press the Windows+R key to open the Run Windows.
- Type services.msc in the Run window and click OK or hit enter.
- Scroll down, and you will find a Windows Search service.
- Right-click on Windows Search and tap Restart to restart the service on your system.
Fix 3: Restart Your Device
Restarting your device fixes half of the problems a user faced on their computers as it resets all the temporary and background processes. Here’s how you can restart and fix it.
- Press the Windows key and click on the Power icon placed at the bottom of the window.
- Select Restart from the given options to reboot your system.
- Once restarted, check and your issue should be fixed.
Fix 4: Scan Corrupt Files
Many times, corrupt files also prevent you from typing in the search bar on your system. In that case, you need to fix them to solve the problem of being unable to type in the search bar. Here’s how you can do it.
- Right-click on the Start button and click Windows Terminal (Admin).
- A dialogue box will open, click Yes.
- On Windows Terminal, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.
- It will run a scan and fix the corrupted files in your system.
- Once completed, restart your system.
Fix 5: Use Windows Search Troubleshooter to Fix Can’t Type in Windows 11
Windows 11 also comes with a built-in troubleshooter like Windows 10 to automatically fix any existing bugs or glitches in the system. Here’s how you can use the Windows troubleshooter to fix the issue.
- Press Windows and search troubleshoot then tap on it to open troubleshoot settings. Alternatively, Press Windows+I >> System >> Troubleshoot.
- Click on Other Troubleshooters and here you will see Search and Indexing.
- Tap on the Run button next to the Search and Indexing.
- Select the problem you are currently facing and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen steps to fix the error on your system.
Fix 6: Start CTF Loader to Fix Can’t Type in Windows 11
In Windows operating system, CTF Loader is responsible for supporting and handling writing on the system. If you are facing typing issues, it might be due to the absence of the cftmon.exe process. Here’s how you can start the CTF Loader.
- Press Windows+R key to open Run Window.
- Type the below command and click OK or hit enter.
- Now, CTF Loader will launch in your system.
Fix 7: Update Your System to Fix Can’t Type in Windows 11
Microsoft releases updates from time to time in order to fix any existing, bugs or glitches a users in the system. Many times, some functionalities did not work because your system is running on an older version, so you need to install the latest version. Here’s how you can do it.
- Press the Windows+I key to open Settings.
- Click on Windows update and check for updates.
- If there is an update available, click on Install Now to download it.
- Once downloaded, restart the system.
Conclusion: Can’t Type in Windows 11 Search Bar
So, these are all the ways to fix can’t type in Windows 11 Search Bar error. We hope the article helps you in fixing the issue you are facing on your system. If none of the methods works for you and you are still getting the same issue after trying all the ways listed in the article, you should try resetting your Windows system.