Wondering how to fix tweets are not loading right now error, Twitter app not working, How to Fix Cannot Retrieve Tweets At This Time error on Twitter –
Some users have reported that they are getting Cannot Retrieve Tweets at this time error message while opening Twitter on their devices. Users are facing the problem of the Twitter app not working. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix Cannot Retrieve Tweets At This Time Error on Twitter?
In this article, we have listed some best ways by which you can fix Cannot Retrieve Tweets at This Time Error on Twitter.
Restart Your Device
Restarting a smartphone fixes most of the problems a user faced. If you are facing the Can’t Retrieve Tweets at this time problem on the Twitter app then you will need to restart your phone.
So, Restart your device and see if the problem is resolved or not. To restart an Android phone, simply hold the Power button and follow the on-screen instruction to restart your device.
If restarting your device does not resolve the error then move to the next solution.
Clear Cache Data to Fix Cannot Retrieve Tweets At This Time
Like any other app, Twitter also saves temporary files in order to improve its performance. However, if that data has become inaccessible or corrupted for some reason, Twitter may misbehave.
In such a scenario, you need to clear Twitter’s cache data to restore its functionality. Here’s how you can clear the cached files of Twitter on an Android device.
- Long-press the Twitter app icon.
- Click on the ‘i’ or information icon.
- Tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
- Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
However, iPhone doesn’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Twitter app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General >> iPhone Storage.
- Here, you will see the list of all apps installed on your phone, click on Twitter from the list of installed apps.
- Now, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on Offload again.
- Finally, click on the Reinstall app option.
Done, you have successfully Offloaded the Twitter app on your iPhone and it will be installed again and your issue should be fixed.
Reinstall the App
Many users have reported that uninstalling and installing the Twitter app again on their devices fixes the problem. Here’s how you can reinstall the Twitter app on your phone.
- Long-Press the Twitter app icon and select Remove or Uninstall.
- Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or remove button.
- Once uninstalled, open the Google Play Store or App Store on your smartphone.
- Type Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Download button to download the latest version of the app.
- Once downloaded, give all the necessary permissions then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Switch Your Network
Another way to fix the problem is to try alternating between Wi-Fi and mobile data because most of the time problem is with the internet connection.
Hence, check whether you have an active Internet connection or not. Further, switch your network type. Like if you are using mobile data, switch to Wi-Fi while if you are connected to Wi-Fi, switch to mobile data.
Sometimes the issue could be due to poor internet connectivity so switching to a different network will definitely help you.
After switching the network type, your issue should be fixed. Make sure to close the application after switching your network. This way your error should be fixed, and you can use the Twitter application as usual.
Wait for It to Fix Cannot Retrieve Tweets At This Time
If none of the methods works for you then there are chances that the Twitter servers are down or have some technical issues in the application. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
- Open a browser on your device and visit an outage detector website such as Downdetector or IsTheServiceDown.
- After opening one of the websites, type Twitter in the search box and hit enter.
- Now, you need to check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Twitter and it’s most likely down.
- If the Twitter servers are down, wait for some time as it can take a few hours for Twitter to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Cannot Retrieve Tweets At This Time
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the problem of Cannot Retrieve Tweets At This Time on Twitter. We hope the article helped you in resolving the error and using Twitter without any issues.
If you got the error, it means Twitter is not able to communicate with its servers. Also when you got the error, you will not be able to download or read any tweets.
As per Twitter, you can try different methods to fix the problem. You can try restarting the device or checking your network connectivity or uninstalling the app.
If you are not able to view tweets on the platform, it means that the servers are down. If it’s down, you need to wait for a few hours.
There could be many reasons why you are getting the error on your account whether your internet connectivity is down or outdated app version or a glitch/bug in the app.