Wondering How To Fix the Black Screen On Snapchat, I’m seeing a black screen on the Camera page of the Snapchat app, Why My Snapchat Camera Is Black –
Snapchat is a popular instant messaging app and service. It is a widely used platform that has millions of active users around the globe.
Many users are complaining that when they open the Snapchat app on their devices, the camera goes black and some users are saying it is a Black Screen Issue. We also got the same problem but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are one of those who are facing the Black Screen problem on Snapchat, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the ways to fix it.
How To Fix Black Screen On Snapchat?
There can be various reasons for this issue, one being Snapchat’s camera permission. Other reasons could be slow internet connectivity. In this article, we have listed some best ways by which you can fix the Black Screen Problem on Snapchat.
Restart Your Phone
First of all, you need to restart your device as it fixes most of the issues a user faced. Follow the below steps to restart your phone.
iPhone X and later:
- Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Release them when the slider appears.
- Move the slider to shut down your iPhone.
- Wait for a few seconds and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
All Other iPhone Models:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button. On older phones, it’s on the top. On iPhone 6 series and newer, it’s on the right side of the phone.
- Release the buttons when the slider appears.
- Move the slider to shut down your iPhone.
- Once shuts down, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
- Press and hold the Power button or Lock button on an Android phone.
- Click on Restart from the screen.
- Wait for a few seconds to finish the restarting.
Clear Cache Data
If Restarting does not fixes the problem then you need to clear the cache data of Snapchat. Clearing cache files fixes most of the problems including the black screen issue as it deleted temporary files and refreshes the app.
Snapchat has an option to clear cache files within the app itself. So, you can easily clear cache data on your Android or iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Click on your profile icon or Bitmoji on the top left side.
- On the profile menu, click on the gear icon to open Settings.
- Scroll down and you will find a Clear Cache option, tap on it.
- Click on Clear All and confirm it by tapping on Clear.
Done, you have successfully cleared the cache data of Snapchat and your issue should be fixed.
Check Your Internet
Check whether you have a good Internet Connection or not because if your internet speed is too slow, you might face some issues while using the apps on your device. If you are not sure about your Internet speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Follow the below steps to check your internet speed.
- Open a browser and visit an Internet Speed Test website (e.g., fast.com, speedtest.net, etc).
- Click on Test or Start if the speed test does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a few seconds or minutes till it finishes the test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Check whether you have a good download or upload speed. If your speed is low, switch between mobile data and Wi-Fi.
Check the App Permission
Check whether you have enabled the camera permission or not if Snapchat does not have camera permission then it will show the black screen. Here’s how you can check and enable the camera permission.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Snapchat under the installed app list.
- Turn on the toggle next to the Camera to enable the permission.
- Open the Phone’s Settings on your device.
- Search for Apps and then select Manage apps.
- Find Snapchat from the given ones.
- Tap on it, and allow the Camera permission.
Update Snapchat App
Check the App Store or Google Play Store to make sure you are using the updated Snapchat application. If not, you need to update it. Follow the below steps to update the Snapchat app.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Search for Snapchat in the search box.
- Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Done, you have successfully updated the app on your smartphone and your issue should be fixed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall and reinstall the app to resolve the problem.
Conclusion: Fix Black Screen On Snapchat
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Black Screen Issue on Snapchat. If the article helped you in fixing the problem, share it with your friends and family, so that they can also resolve the issue if they are getting on their Snapchat app.
You May Also Like: