Instagram meta avatars feature, Instagram avatar sticker, Instagram avatar not showing, how to Use Avatar in Instagram, how to add avatar on the Instagram story, How to Fix Avatar Sticker Not Showing on Instagram –
Instagram keeps introducing new features on the platform. Back in February 2022, they introduced the Avatar sticker which can be used on stories and DMs.
As per the head of Instagram, the 3D Avatars are the future of personal identity in the metaverse. Users can easily use the sticker under the Sticker section and create their own Avatar.
However, some people are not able to use the feature on the platform but don’t worry, we are here to help you. So, if you are also one of those who are seeing the feature on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to do so.
How to Fix Avatar Sticker Option Not Showing on Your Instagram?
In this article, we have listed some fixes for Avatar Sticker not showing on Instagram. Read the full article to explore all the ways.
Update the Instagram App
The way to fix the sticker not showing is to update the Instagram app because the Avatar feature is only available on the latest version of the application. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for Instagram in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button if available to download the latest version of the app.
- Once updated, open the application and check if you got the feature or not.
Clear Cache Data or Reinstall
If you are still not seeing the Avatar sticker on the app after updating it, you need to clear the cache data because many times there are some glitches or bugs on it. Here’s how you can clear the cache data of Instagram.
- Open the Settings App on your Android device.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps and it will open the list of all apps you have installed on your device.
- Click on Instagram to open the App Info of Instagram.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the Instagram app icon and then tap on the information or the ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage, and then select Clear Cache to clear the cached data of the application.
However, iOS devices don’t have an option to clear the cache data of an application. Instead of that, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can do it on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and select Instagram.
- Now, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by clicking on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall App option to Offload it.
- After that, restart your device and your issue should be fixed.
Alternatively, you can re-install the app to fix this issue on your Android or iOS device as it also clears the cache data of the application.
Wait for the Feature to rollout in your country
If none of the methods works for you, then there are very high chances that the Avatar feature is not available in your country yet.
If that’s the case then you need to wait until it’s rolled out in your country.
As per the statement by Instagram head Adam Mosseri in Feb 2022, the avatar feature is only available in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
So, if you are not living in one of the listed countries, then most probably you will not get the feature on your account.
However, he also said in the statement that the avatar feature will be available in more regions globally in the coming months.
Hence, you need to wait until the feature will available in your country. This can take several weeks or months depending on when Instagram decides to roll it out globally.
Conclusion: Fix Avatar Sticker Not Showing on Instagram
So, these are some ways to fix the Avatar sticker not showing on your Instagram account. We hope the article helped you in fixing the issue on your account.
The Instagram Avatar Sticker feature is not showing on your account because it might not be available in your country yet. As of Feb 2022, the feature is available in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
To get the avatar stickers on your account, you need to update the application to the latest version.
To create a new avatar on Story, firstly update the application on your device. Then go to create a story page, click on Stickers then choose the Avatar sticker to create a new one.