App Store not working on iPhone, Apple App Store Search not working, App Store not showing search results, Why is my App Store search not working, How to Fix App Store Search Not Working on iPhone –
iPhone is a smartphone that runs on the iOS operating system made by Apple. Apple has its App Store similar to Google Play Store to download the apps and games on the device.
These days users are facing the problem of App Store Search not working on their iPhone or iPad. Hopefully, the issue is temporary and you can easily fix it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same error on your device. Read the article till the end as we have listed the methods to fix the error on your device.
Related Read: How to Fix Apps Not Downloading on iPhone?
How to Fix App Store Search Not Working on iPhone?
Fix 1: Check Your Internet
First of all, check if you have a proper Internet connection. As if your Internet is poor or you are getting slow speed, App Store might not able to fetch the search results.
If you are not sure about speed, you can try running an Internet speed test on your device. Here’s how you can do it.
- Visit an Internet Speed Test website.
- You can visit, fast.com, speedtest.net, openspeedtest.com, speed.cloudflare.com, and others.
- Open any of the websites and click on Test or Start if it does not begin automatically.
- Wait for a minute till it finishes the speed test.
- Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
Further, you can also search Check Internet Speed or Internet Speed Test in Google, and it will show a testing tool. Click on the Run Speed Test and wait for a minute to see the results.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
Restarting your device fixes most of the problems, bugs, or glitches a user faced as it removes all the background processes. Here’s how you can restart your handset.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Click on the General and tap Shut Down.
- Now, use the slider to power off your iPhone.
- Wait for 30-40 seconds, then press and hold the sleep/wake button to turn on your device.
Fix 3: Clear Cache of App Store
Clearing the cache of the App Store fixes many problems users face on their devices. However, many people don’t know how to do it, hence we have listed the guide to do so. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Here, you will see options like Today, Games, Apps, Search, Arcade.
- Click on any option 10 times at the bottom.
- For example, you can click on the Today tab 10 times to clear the cache.
- After doing this, close the app and reopen it again.
Fix 4: Enable Personalized Ads to Fix App Store Search Not Working
Some users have also reported that enabling personalized ads fixes their problem of the app store not working on their smartphone. Here’s how you can enable it.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Click on Privacy and select Apple Advertising.
- Here, you will see a Personalized Ads option.
- Turn on the toggle for Personalized Ads.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings to Fix App Store Search Not Working
Resetting Network Settings also fixes the issue of App Store search not working for most of the users. Here’s how you can do it on your device.
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to General then click on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on Reset at the bottom.
- Click on Reset Network Settings and enter the lock screen password.
- Once entered, click on the Reset Network Settings.
Fix 6: Log in Again on App Store to Fix App Store Search Not Working
Another method by which you can fix such types of issues is to log out and log in again. Logging out of your App Store account gives a refresh to your account. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings.
- Click on your name at the top.
- Scroll down and click on the Sign-out option.
- Now, wait for a few seconds then sign in again using your log-in credentials.
Fix 7: Set Automatic Data and Time to Fix App Store Search Not Working
If you have not enabled automatic date and time on your device and set an incorrect one, you need to use the network-provided time to fix the error. Sometimes, due to incorrect dates and times, we got problems with the servers of applications. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Settings on your handset.
- Click on the General from Settings.
- Select Date & Time from the given options.
- Turn on the toggle for Set Automatically.
Close the App Store and open it again to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 8: Update Your Device to Fix App Store Search Not Working
Sometimes, updating our device to the latest version of the operating system fixes the problem that we are facing. As new updates come with improvements and fix bugs or glitches. Here’s how you can update your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone.
- Click on the General and select Software Update.
- Update your device if there are any pending updates available.
Conclusion: App Store Search Not Working on iPhone
So, these are all the ways to fix the App Store Search Not working problem on iPhone or iPad. We hope that this article helps you in resolving the issue which you are facing on your device.