Wondering How to Fix “An unexpected error occurred” on Facebook, How do I resolve “Login Error: An unexpected error occurred. Please try logging in again” issue, Why I’m facing Login error Please try logging in to your account again error –
Facebook is a social media service that has millions of active users around the world. Users can share photos, videos, and stories, and even can send messages on the platform.
Some users have reported that they are getting an error message on Facebook stating, “Login Error: An unexpected error occurred. Please try logging in again”. We also got the same issue but were able to resolve it.
So, if you are also one of those who are facing the same problem on your account, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed some best ways by which you can fix it.
How to Fix “An unexpected error occurred” on Facebook?
There are various reasons that can cause Login errors on the Facebook app, one being the outdated app version. Other reasons could be the glitch or bug in the app. In this article, we have added the best ways by which you can fix “An unexpected error occurred. Please try logging in again”.
Check Your Internet
The very first method you can try to fix the problem is by checking whether you are connected to a stable internet or not because if it’s low, you might face some problems while logging into your account. If you are unsure about your internet speed, you can check it from a speed checker website. Here’s how you can check it.
1. Open a browser on your device and visit an Internet Speed Test website (e.g., fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Tap on the Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes until it finishes the test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds.
5. If your internet speed is too low, you need to switch to a stable network and your issue should be fixed.
Clear Cache Data
Clearing Cache data fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app as it removes all the temporary files and refreshes the app. Here’s how you clear the cache data of Facebook.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Go to Apps then tap on Manage Apps or All Apps.
3. It will open the list of installed apps, tap on Facebook to open App Info.
4. Alternatively, press and hold the Facebook app icon then tap on the ‘i’ icon to open App Info.
5. Now, click on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage Usage.
6. Finally, tap on the Clear Cache to clear the cached data.
iPhones don’t have an option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Facebook app on your iOS device.
1. Open the Settings App on an iOS device.
2. Go to General >> iPhone Storage and select Facebook.
3. Under Facebook Settings, click on the Offload app option.
4. Confirm it by clicking on it again.
Update the Facebook App
Another way you can try to fix the issue is by updating the Facebook app as updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Here’s how you can update the Facebook app on your phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store app on your phone.
2. Search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
3. If there is an update available, you will see an Update button, tap on the Update button to download the latest version.
4. If there is no update available then you can also try re-installing the app.
Create a new account using the existing account’s details
Some users have reported on Reddit that they are able to fix the problem by filling in the existing account’s details on the Create a new account page. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Open the Facebook app or website on your device.
2. Click on Create a new Facebook account.
3. Enter your existing account details.
4. After entering all the details, click on Sign Up.
5. Once you tap on the Sign-Up button, you will be redirected to your Facebook account.
Check if Facebook is down
If none of the methods work then there are chances that the Facebook servers are down or there are some technical bugs or glitches. So, check whether Facebook is down or not. Here’s how you can check if it’s down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Facebook in the search box and hit enter.
3. Now, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Facebook and it’s most likely down.
4. If it’s down, waits for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Facebook to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix “An unexpected error occurred” on Facebook
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the “Login Error: An unexpected error occurred. Please try logging in again” error on Facebook. If the article helped you share it with your friend and family.
For more articles and updates, join our Telegram Group and be a member of the DailyTechByte family. Also, follow us on Google News, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for quick updates.
You May Also Like: