Are you not able to place an order on Amazon as it’s redirecting back to the previous page? Or the app becomes unresponsive sometimes? Or you are not able to use the Amazon app properly and it’s not working at all?
Don’t worry, we are here to help you. So, if you are one of those whose Amazon app is not working, you just need to read the article till the end as we have added ways to fix it.
How to Fix Amazon App Not Working?
Users have reported that they are not placing orders or browsing the Amazon app. Basically, we have listed the steps to fix the problem of freezing, not opening, or displaying an error or displaying exception number message.
There can be various reasons why the Amazon app is not working properly. In this article, we have added ways to fix the issue.
Restart the Amazon App
First of all, start with the most common way to solve the problem to force close or force stop the app. Follow the below steps to force close the Amazon app.
1. Press and hold the Amazon app icon then click on the ‘i’ icon to open the App Info.
2. On the App Info page, click on Force Stop.
3. Wait for a few seconds then reopen the Amazon app and your issue should be fixed.
1. On the home screen of the iPhone, swipe up from the bottom and hold.
2. Swipe up the Amazon app window to remove it.
3. Reopen the app and your issue should be fixed.
Check Your Internet
There might be chances that the issue is due to low internet connectivity. Hence, make sure you are connected to a stable network. If you are not sure about your internet speed, you can try running a speed test. Follow the below to check your internet speed.
1. Open a browser and head over to an Internet Speed Test website (such as fast.com, speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, etc).
2. Click on Go or Start button if the speed test does not begin automatically.
3. Wait for a few seconds or minutes till the website finishes the speed test.
4. Once done, it will show the download and upload speeds. Here, if your internet speed is low, you will need to switch to a stable network to resolve the issue.
Clear Cache Data
There are also chances that the app’s cache becomes corrupted and that’s the reason for the error. Hence, you need to clear the cache data in order to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps to Amazon clear cache data.
1. Long press the Amazon app icon and tap on the ‘i’ icon.
2. On the next screen, tap on Clear Data or Mange Storage or Storage & Cache.
3. Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear cache data.
iPhones don’t have the option to clear the cache data. Instead, they have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the Amazon app.
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage.
3. Here, you will see Amazon, tap on it.
4. Now, click on the Offload app option.
5. Confirm it by tapping on it again.
6. Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the Amazon App
Another way you can try to fix the issue is by updating Amazon as app updates come with bug/glitch fixes and improvements. Follow the below steps to update the Amazon app.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
2. Search for Amazon in the search box and hit enter.
3. Click on the Update button to download the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the Amazon App
You can also try re-installing the Amazon app on your device as there are chances the issue is related to the corrupted files on the app which was not fixed by clearing the cache data.
However, once your re-install the app, you will be automatically logged out, so make sure you have your Amazon account login information in order to log in to your account again. Follow the below steps to reinstall the Amazon app.
1. Press and hold the Amazon app icon and tap on Uninstall or Remove.
2. Confirm it by tapping on Uninstall or Remove button.
3. Once uninstalled, open Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
4. Search for Amazon in the search box and hit enter.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Amazon app.
6. Once installed, open the app then log in to your account and your issue should be fixed.
Check if it’s down
If the above method does not work then there are chances that the Amazon servers are down or there are some technical issues. So, check whether it’s down or not. Follow the below steps to check if Amazon is down or not.
1. Open a browser and visit an outage detector website (e.g., Downdetector, IsTheServiceDown, etc.)
2. Once opened, search for Amazon in the search box. Select Amazon from the appeared list.
3. Now, check the spike of the graph. A huge spike on the graph means a lot of users are experiencing an error on Amazon and it’s most likely down.
4. If the Amazon servers are down, wait for some time (or a few hours) as it can take a few hours for Amazon to resolve the issue.
Conclusion: Fix Amazon App Not Working
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the problem of the Amazon App not working. I hope you find this article helpful; if you did, share it with your friends and family.
You May Also Like: