How to Fix Access is currently limited due to high server load in eFootball, Do you want to re-establish the connection now error, Code name C_NAJM_1009 or C_GEWD_1009 error –
eFootball, formerly known as Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) internationally and Winning Eleven in Japan and North America, is a series of association football simulation video games developed and published by Konami.
These days, users are getting a problem stating, “Access is currently limited due to high server load.”
Sometimes, the message also includes the errors like Do you want to re-establish the connection now or C_NAJM_1009 or C_GEWD_1009. Hopefully, you can easily fix the problem and we are here to help you.
So, if you are also one of those who are getting the same problem on your account while opening the app, you just need to read the article till the end as we have listed the steps to fix it.
How to Fix “Access is currently limited due to high server load” in eFootball?
The error comes when the server can’t able to handle the traffic as there are too many users playing the game at a particular time.
In this article, we have listed some ways by which you can fix the problem of Access is currently limited due to the high server load on your eFootball account.
Clear Cache Files
First of all, clear the cache data of eFootball app then restart your device. Clearing the cache of an app fixes most of the problems a user faced on an app. Here’s how you can clear the cache on an Android device.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the Apps and you will see the list of all the apps (on some devices, you will see the app list under the Manage Apps option).
- Find eFootball from the list and tap on it to open the App Info.
- Alternatively, you can also open the App Info from the home screen. To do so, press and hold the eFootball app icon and click on the information or ‘i’ icon.
- On the App Info page, click on Clear Data (on some devices, you will see Manage Storage or Storage Usage instead of Clear Data, tap on it)
- Finally, click on Clear Cache to clear the cache files.
However, iOS devices have an Offload App feature that clears all the cached data and reinstalls the app. Here’s how you can Offload the eFootball app.
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General >> iPhone Storage and select eFootball.
- Here, click on the Offload app option.
- Confirm it by tapping on it again.
- Finally, tap on the Reinstall app.
Update the App
If you are using an old version of the application then you need to download the latest version of the app as many users have reported that they are able to get rid of the error after updating it. Here’s how you can update it.
- Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search for eFootball in the search box and hit enter.
- Click on the Update button if available to download the latest version.
- Once updated, open the app and your issue should be fixed.
Wait for It
If none of the methods works for you then you need to wait for a few minutes or hours for the error to disappear. As per the eFootball, the error comes when too many users are accessing the app and the server is not able to handle the traffic.
You can try to connect to the app after 1 or 2 hours.
Some users have reported that the error automatically disappears after 1 or 2 hours from their account. Further, if you are seeing the Retry option, tap on it to check if the error disappears or not.
Conclusion: Fix Access is currently limited in eFootball
So, these are the ways by which you can fix the Access is currently limited in eFootball. We hope the article helped you in fixing the problem you are facing with your account.